Author Topic: Weapons/Explosions Glow bug/glitch  (Read 1718 times)

Weapons/Explosions Glow bug/glitch
This isn't a game breaker per say, but it does make game play very "interesting" in trying to avoid or collide with Capships

What happens is when a KEW weapon is fired or when a missile explodes the resulting glow color completely over lays on the texture of the nearest ship, so instead of the textures of the ship, the texture maps are replaced by the color of the explosion or KEW round that passes near the ship, and the effect also makes the said ship "skeletal" up close. This makes two points of game play interesting, the first is avoiding collisions with capships, since the ships become skeletal, it's hard to tell where the ship's hull is for visual ques so you can fly WITHOUT slamming your ship into it.

On a side note, this "bug" makes combat landings "doofy", as skeletal effect of it makes me just go pointing my ship where the deck "should" be and slamming myself down what can only be described as an invisible landing deck, it doesn't break game play.....but it just looks bad.

It may be because I'm running a dinosaur of a machine with a 32-bit Windows XP with a pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz and 3.5 GB of RAM , but since I can run FS2 and some other mods without this problem I'm putting this out there.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Weapons/Explosions Glow bug/glitch
Ouchie.

Can you... Take a screenshot illustrating the problem (default key Print Screen, screenshots outputted as tga files in the screenshot folder) and post a debug log.

But yeah, your machine seems way below standards for Diaspora.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Try turning off soft particles as well to see if that fixes the problem. Also turn off post processing.

When Firing the MEC-A6

When the Gladius is firing

What I mean when the ship gets "skeletal" up close, you can see through the deck in some parts of the ocean of cyclon muzzle flash blue =P

kinda trippy....

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline newman

This issue was reported several times before, and updating the graphics card drivers has always resolved it in the past.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
reminds me of trying to play EGA through a CGA card
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art