Author Topic: R1_Sound & R1_Textures.vp ETC errors  (Read 1717 times)

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
R1_Sound & R1_Textures.vp ETC errors
Downloaded Diaspora from FSDownloads and the installer halted at Sound, asking if I wanted to Abort, Retry or Ignore. Tried Retry so it'd attempt the install again...nada. So I had it ignore. THEN it did the same thing when the installation reached Textures. Again at SA_Small. Sptrackir.dll. Shattered Armistice.bmp.......even the unstall icon. Grrrr...

All saying the source file is corrupted. UGH! Are the individual files available for download? OR is it available only as an exe?

Because I'd really prefer not blowing another 1.3+ gigs of my bandwidth (I live rural...not lucky like the vast majority of players that have nigh unlimited cable) downloading. Though only at 6.5g ...most of which used on FSO... :Pof 20g limit...there's still room. Otherwise since the rest installed fine. So I'd prefer getting only whats needed if possible.
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Re: R1_Sound & R1_Textures.vp ETC errors
Unfortunately, the Textures and Sound files themselves are about 1.5GB unpacked.  I'd suggest using the torrent to re-download, since you don't have a great connection.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. If you try to download the torrent and when it asks you where to save the file you point it at your existing file the torrent will then automatically check your file, find where it is corrupted and try to repair it.

If for some reason that isn't possible, I'll make up some parity files and you can repair it that way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Hmm...if those 2 files alone (unpacked) are bigger than the exe itself. The exe wouldn't even install the offending VPs. I guess I'm better off downloading it all over again...from one of the alternative sites.

My connection is okay...being MBB it has its ups and downs but the download is merely an overnighter. Believe me...8 ours for over 1 gig is NOTHING compared to what I used to have to deal with. Once took 150ish download hours to get a BF1942 mod once.....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:45:34 pm by EAD_Agamemnon »
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No, you point the torrent at the installer and it will only download the parts that are corrupt. Sometimes that can be as little as a few bytes. Then you just reinstall.

Or I can just make you a parity file and you can quickly see exactly how corrupt the file is before you get started. You'd need to download a par program but those are only about a meg in size at most.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:28:39 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]