Author Topic: Linux compilation documentation  (Read 1511 times)

Linux compilation documentation
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post or this has been answered elsewhere. I'm currently trying to get the project to compile on Linux Mint and have come across a few issues that I'm keen to document (and potentially fix if I can find the time!). I see you have a wiki page on the subject - http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Fs2_open_on_Linux/Installing_the_Development_Libraries - but I can't find anywhere to register. Who do I need to speak to about getting access?

Re: Linux compilation documentation
One of these aforementioned issues is an easy one to fix and is specific to Code::Blocks. The project config is referencing files that have recently been renamed  (uppercase to lowercase). I've attached a diff to fix the issue - hopefully the first of many! :-)

[attachment deleted by nobody]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:45:35 pm by flusteredpie »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please do not attach diffs and such. It is much easier and cleaner for us if you make a fork of the source code on github and submit pull requests.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
If you want to register for the wiki, the best way is to make a post in this thread. Alternatively, you could send a PM to Goober5000.

Please do not attach diffs and such. It is much easier and cleaner for us if you make a fork of the source code on github and submit pull requests.

Apologies, I was just following the advice given here - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=82688.msg1479353#msg1479353 - under "How This Will Work". I was also under the impression that you were using SVN but I'll fork the git repo as suggested.

If you want to register for the wiki, the best way is to make a post in this thread. Alternatively, you could send a PM to Goober5000.

Will do, thank you

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's not really your fault. We were using SVN but switched to git earlier this month. The info on that page is old and needs to be updated.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]