Author Topic: Error Messages  (Read 2791 times)

Just a thought I had on how people should put there own error messages into the code. Perhaps what they should do it tag their screen name onto the message so if it comes up it's easy to know who to talk to about it.

Offline RandomTiger

Thats a good idea

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
actualy last night I started replaceing uninformitive assertions with error and warning mesages, with posable causes for the problem
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Bobboau
actualy last night I started replaceing uninformitive assertions with error and warning mesages, with posable causes for the problem

Old message: Freespace has caused general protection fault yada yada yada

New message: Due to the inability of your system to handle the simplest of tasks freespace has crashed, probably just as you were about to make that critical strike that would have disabled the Demon class destroyer before it got into beam range of the GTT Argo that you were doing your damnest to protect. You're probably running a pentium4 in which case I laugh at you for paying for an overpriced, underpowered piece of refined sand. Now you're going to send me a bug report which is going to make me shift through thirty eight thousand lines of code just to fix something that only ever happens on your machine.

God I hate you...

;)

Offline Grey Wolf

Yep. It's right. P4 sucks, Athlon rules.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
Yep. It's right. P4 sucks, Athlon rules.

ATHLON FOREVER!!!
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
is there nothing better than Athlon (ie what is AMDs next chip and when will it be done) ?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Bobboau
is there nothing better than Athlon (ie what is AMDs next chip and when will it be done) ?

Er... the Hammerhead or something, I think.  Try www.arsetechnica.com or something for info.