Author Topic: LRBFGreen  (Read 3041 times)

So, normally Colossus uses BGreen.  When the cannons are overloaded they switch to BFGreen (that's what it says on wiki).  Now how do you get LRBFGreen on the Colossus?

Offline Shade

It's all done in FRED during mission design, nothing hard-coded about it. The stuff about the cannons being overloaded is just for story purposes.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Change the weapons in the fred2 ship editor
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Also at this point I'd like to point out that it's not LRBFGreen but LRBGreen.

Oh, I understand it's done in the editor, but my question was what's the in-universe justification for the beam cannons to become long-range?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They fed all possible power into the weapons, nearly destroying them in the process.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The sheer size of Sathanas could have enabled Collosus to target it.
If you want official explaination, we don't get any.
Also, as I recall, Collosus never used BFGreens (well, it actually did, but it never fired it), so LRBGreen may be the one it overloads to.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Lore-wise (i.e. in-universe explanation), I'd assume since they never say they're swapping out the weapons that it's the same weapon with more juice. Safety limitations overridden or something.

they had to reroute power through the deflector dish and supercharged the cannon with a quantum neutonian pulse to compensate for the angle of the fangle divided by the heat of the meat times the torgue of the dorque. the scotty had to give her everything she's got, AND change the laws of physics. sci-fi explanation enough?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
they had to reroute power through the deflector dish and supercharged the cannon with a quantum neutonian pulse to compensate for the angle of the fangle divided by the heat of the meat times the torgue of the dorque. the scotty had to give her everything she's got, AND change the laws of physics. sci-fi explanation enough?

You left out reversing the polarity. Also tachyons should be mentioned somewhere.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I guess they overclock the beams. :p One of the multiplayer missions, Blockade Run, has an Aeolus doing the same thing but with less success.

You left out reversing the polarity. Also tachyons should be mentioned somewhere.
Yeah, tachyons emitted through a reversed-polarity tractor beam emitter would probably boost the yield by a sufficient amount to overcome the Heisenberg factor.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I guess they overclock the beams. :p One of the multiplayer missions, Blockade Run, has an Aeolus doing the same thing but with less success.
And IIRC the beams don't even become more powerful anyway. What a n00b!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Or they made the beam weapon, but never got around to use it. We know there was a rush to get FS2 out, so I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon was supposed to be use at some point in the campaign, but was abandoned and left in the tables.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or they made the beam weapon, but never got around to use it. We know there was a rush to get FS2 out, so I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon was supposed to be use at some point in the campaign, but was abandoned and left in the tables.
Was that in response to my post? If so you didn't get what I was referring to, I meant that even though the Aeolus overpowered its beams its beam cannons didn't become any more powerful.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I think he's referring to the LRBGreen
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

That's the BFGreen, probably. The LRBGreen was probably made to counter an issue with the Colossus' ai-chase order in High Noon, which makes it circle around the Sathanas beyond the effective range of any beam save the LRBGreen and BFRed. That 600m advantage the LRBGreen has over the BFRed is the reason why the Colossus starts charging its beams moments before Sathanas 01 does.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?