Author Topic: Crashes After Intro  (Read 2383 times)

I recently installed Diaspora and everything went well. The game started and I watched the intro video. Then I typed in user/pilot name. But as soon as I hit select, the game crashes. I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

ok. i went to do this, but it seems to be running absolutely fine after selected to run the debug build in a window

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please post the log file regardless.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

ok. it was apparently only working fine until I started the BRIEFING.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You seem to have an Intel HD4000 video card and unfortunately they're not fully supported in FSO/Diaspora.  Could you try disabling "post-processing" in the launcher?  If that doesn't work, could you try enabling "Disable GLSL (shader) support"?  (also known as -no_glsl).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Is this one of those dual graphics cards machines? (in Windows device manager under display are there two graphics cards)

sorry for the slow reply. but i couldn't find any "post-processing" option and disabling the GLSL didn't work either.
And no; i do not have two graphics cards

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Well that sucks :(

Can you post a fs2_open.log from when you ran Diaspora with GLSL disabled?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...