Author Topic: Trouble with $Scale Gauges  (Read 1682 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Trouble with $Scale Gauges
A user by the name of Lira showed up on #scp last night stating that there was something wrong with the HUD being too large to their liking. We've managed to track this behavior down to Yarn's additions in January around the 25th, where he set a minimum scale size.

I noticed an issue when trying to add a simple no_scale-hdg.tbm in /data/tables:
Code: [Select]
$Scale Gauges: false
This doesn't seem to have any affect at all. The expected outcome would be of course to override the minimum hud scaling.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Yarn

Re: Trouble with $Scale Gauges
I figured out what's causing $Scale Gauges to no longer work properly. I'll post a pull request soon.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Yarn

Here's the PR: https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/533

Just so you know, my additions alone don't actually set a minimum size; rather, it just allows modders to set one. If one isn't set, then HUD scaling is supposed to work exactly as it did before my changes.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
And what about HUD gauges being independent of $Base resolution?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Thanks much, Yarn. :)

And what about HUD gauges being independent of $Base resolution?

Each #Gauge Config can have a $Scale Gauges: option defined that overrides the global option, and further down each gauge (of most guage types) can override both the gauge configuration and global options with Scale Gauge:

Please refer to the wiki for more info.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.