Announcing the immediate availability of FS2_Open 3.6.10.Previous 3.6.9 Release Thread
3.6.10 is based on SVN's 3.6.10 branch revision 5460. It was split from trunk at revision 5209.
Windows builds were using Visual C++ 6.0, compressed as zip for ease of use and distribution
OS X builds were made using command line xcodebuild on a PowerMac G4 with running Leopard 10.5.7, and Xcode 3.1.2.
Linux builds were made on Debian 32bit using the standard compiler installation*
This includes all previous fixes and fixes several critical bugs in RC3, including:
- Fix for six ships in wing overflow
- +Glide accel multi is now parsed
- Enable more briefing text colors
- Fix for Mantis 1942
- Fix for mod warning system causing drops
- Backport of autopilot CTD fix
- Backport of leaking handle fix
Windows builds were compiled to include both Text-to-Speech and Voice Recognition support**Don't use Inferno builds unless you're playing Inferno, or TBP, or any other mod with a gargantuan amount of shipsOnly works in multi at all with RC2+. Would not suggest using RCs with the final build though. And as always, you can't mix Inferno and non-Inferno builds.
Launchers, if you don't have one already:
Windows: Launcher 5.5e
(new launcher version! fixes hyphens in mod folder names issue)
OS X: Soulstorm's OS X Launcher 3.0
or whatever you can figure out.WindowsRegularInfernoOS XRegularInfernoLinux
(suggest rolling your own
using source below)RegularInfernoSourcefs2_open_3_6_10.tgzThis is not a one-stop shop to make your FSO the prettiest it can be!
These are only the FS2_Open executables. If you're starting from a fresh retail or GOG install, you probably want the MediaVPs as well, which should be stickied in a post in the Freespace Upgrade Forum
. For a full blown install it all solution, you might want to try Turey's FSO Installer
As always, use Mantis
for any new bugs, or if you can't activate your account, post here.
Non-comprehensive additions list:
Here's what I've added since 3.6.9
* Multiplayer for Inferno Builds
* Support for nesting of when-argument and every-time-argument
* Added an Assist Score value in FRED so FREDders can give points for assists with capship kills.
* Add Hide Ship Name to the Ship Flags Editor
* Allow goal priorities higher than 89 to be assigned in FRED
* Added the Knock feature from Tom's Old Build, allowing people to tell when someone wants to join a running multiplayer game.
* Allow wingmen to send messages when under friendly fire
* Add support for Network SEXP Variables
Added the following SEXPs
* Query Orders
Added the following AI Profile entries (Default values given)
* $Percentage Required For Kill Scale: 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30
* $Percentage Required For Assist Scale: 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15
* $Percentage Awarded For Capship Assist: 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
* $include beams for kills and assists: NO
* $score kills based on damage caused: NO
* $score assists based on damage caused: NO
* $allow event and goal scoring in multiplayer: NO
And a hell of a lot of bug fixes.
My feature additions to trunk
Added following table options
$prevent turrets targeting too distant bombs: NO
$smart subsystem targeting for turrets: NO
+noreplace option to optionally preserve flags when parsing tbms
+override option to optionally override the flags when parsing tbms
+override option to optionally erase the existing 'blobs' from a muzzleflash instead of appending the list
* Allowed multiple beams to use multiple firepoints in a turret
* added startMission lua function
- TrackIR head tracking support.
- Target Padlock View command added to the Misc Tab of the Command Config. Allows players to fixate their viewpoint on targets or subsystems.
- View acceleration added; Gradually transitions player's viewpoint to the padlock views instead of quickly snapping.
- Customized explosions support for ship classes and ship types. See documentation for fireball.tbl, ship.tbl, and objecttypes.tbl.
- Option for disabling 3d shockwaves
- ai_profiles bypass for requiring that all fighters are equipped with primaries/secondaries
* - This also included using OpenAL Soft (libopenal.so.1) instead of the OpenAL SI (libopenal.so.0), so a symlink creation may be necessary in case it is reported as missing. If you run into this issue (likely on Fedora, maybe others), cd to /usr/lib, and '(sudo) ln -s libopenal.so.0 libopenal.so.1'. Then pester your distro to update its OpenAL package to OpenAL Soft.
- new FS2NetD2 code (Taylor)
- SLDC (Shield Collision Trees) (Kazan)
- OpenGL fixes (Taylor)
- OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) - normal maps, etc(Taylor)
- reworked ships lab (Taylor)
- reduced memory footprint (Taylor)
- better multi-format file loading (particularly for music). (Taylor)
- Enhanced Autopilot (building cinematics) (Kazan)
- Fiction Viewer (Goober)
- 'dynamicification' of MAX_PARSE_OBJECTS (Goober)
- Shield/weapon energy regen ship specific, measured in %/sec [Rqst: WCS]
** - Voice recognition seems to be working now. I suggest testing the Experimental->Voice Recognition (-voicer) option with windowed mode enabled, which makes it easier to terminate when you have trouble. Post any new information in Mantis and refer to #1906 Mantis report