Author Topic: Compatibility Warning with the 'Shivans' campaigns (Echo Gate)  (Read 2881 times)

Compatibility Warning with the 'Shivans' campaigns (Echo Gate)
I've run into some technical problems trying to run the 'Shivans' mini campaigns.

I was about to start mission 3 of the 'Echo Gate' campaign when I got an error message that started by saying:

"Warning! Freespace was unable to load 8 ship classes while loading this mission.  This can happen if you try to play a campaign that is incompatible with the current mod.

(The Current campaign is "Echo Gate", and the current mod is fsport-mediavps shivans fsport mediavps_2014)"

This is already odd, as I've played through all of fsport (with mediavps), Silent Threat Reborn, Tango, and Awakenings with these same settings and build without any issues.

I tried using mediavps_3612 to instead, but still got the error.  I also tried the 3.7.0 fsopen build (I'd been using a nightly build) but still get the same error.

Anyone know what's wrong and what I can do about it?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I deleted the .bx files in all relevant cache folders (this didn't help).  Have attached a debug log file too for someone to hopefully take a look at.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:21:33 am by Soul Reaver »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: Compatibility Warning with the 'Shivans' campaigns (Echo Gate)
The model not being loaded is the Loki.  Which doesn't make any sense.  It doesn't appear that the FSPort-Media VPs are being loaded.  Make sure the mod.ini file and the name you have for the FSPort media VPs are the same.  Also if you are going to use the media VPs 2014 version make sure you have the compatibility patch.
If you don't see http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86514.0
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I'm sure the fsport-mediavps folder is correct - I even re-copy/pasted the folder name to make sure.  It uses the same settings I used for Silent Threat: Reborn, which I played all the way through without any warnings (and it features plenty of Lokis).

I also have the patch for Mediavps 2014, so I don't think that's he issue either.

I do have one suspicion though - perhaps the version of the Shivans campaigns I'm using is outdated or something.  The one I got was a single .vp file, but looking at the thread about it, it seems that the one linked via the campaign restoration project contains an archive with a different set of files (and not a single .vp file).  Maybe I got a broken version from somewhere?  I'll try out this new download and report back.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
sounds like you are using the non-upgraded version?
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

sounds like you are using the non-upgraded version?

Maybe that was it, yeah.  I downloaded the one linked from the restoration project thread, and it worked fine.  All fixed now.

It's a really great mini-campaign, by the way.