Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.11.2 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 18766 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.11.2 (combined launcher/installer)
Hi,

I've come back to FreeSpace after a long time and wanted to say that Knossos looks dope! You guys have done a great job.
I had an issue with downloading Knossos as it was flagged by Norton and Windows Defender as being unsafe (and auto deleted). This might new people off from downloading and proceeding past that point.
This point might have been raised earlier in the thread (I wouldn't know as i never learnt how to read!  :shaking: )

Keep up the good work.

I think there's a way to submit the file for review or somesuch.  If not you could just contact the AV vendor and tell them it's a false positive.

For FSPort MediaVPS, the field where video should play during briefings in-between missions (As in story events, introducing new weapons, etc) is blank and there is no voice audio. There is also no voice audio during the level briefing or the level itself- sound effects work just fine though.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
For FSPort MediaVPS, the field where video should play during briefings in-between missions (As in story events, introducing new weapons, etc) is blank and there is no voice audio. There is also no voice audio during the level briefing or the level itself- sound effects work just fine though.

The voice files and animation files are separate optional downloads. If you go to FSPort MediaVPs, click the dropdown, click Modify, then check the boxes for the option VPs, they should start working for you.

EDIT: FSPort is a confusing piece of **** mess. I may have been wrong. You should follow the steps to modify your FSPort install as well. Make sure to install all the optional VPs there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:05:09 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
Is there any permanent fix on this?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline ngld

For what problem? If you're talking about the FSPort issue, it should be working with all the relevant packages installed. If it's not working even with that, then there is a bug in Knossos and we'll have to look for a fix.