Author Topic: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)  (Read 61988 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)
When empires rise and fall, alliances are forged and broken, wars are won and lost, the universe gives birth to its greatest heroes and myths. Some become legendary for centuries, while other ones vanish in the sands of time, buried and forgotten. And during the chaos in which the Interstellar Alliance was born, many people fought and died for the cause, some from the most unlikely places...

difficulty problems? ->   http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52253.0.html   (dont be ashamed)

IMPORTANT NOTES:  ;7
1.) REQUIRES USE OF THE INF BUILD!!!
2.) REMOVE ANY PREVIOUS FH RELEASES, the first installment is included here.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Mirror 1:  http://proxima-fleet.com/files/download.php?id=10  (thx to Primus once again)
Mirror 2: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.44 //Added by swantz because the other site has been down for some time.

For all those many people who did not  :( play the first one: DO NOW!
For the people who enjoyed  :o the first: REPLAY IT, to be on the safe side. The Hunters are pretty plot heavy, especially the new episode. Update your basics.

Features: (same concept as FH2259)
- action-packed trip through exotic canon places in the B5 universe
- immersing storyline and writing
- MAJOR battles

Install as usual, just put the vp in your TBP folder. And remove the old FH in case!

Known issues:
- game crashes right away => I SAID USE THE INF BUILD! That's a independent program in your TBP folder
- the game sometimes crashes in Mission 8. => That issue is known. The reason not. Sorry.

Have fun     -      Vidmaster
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:50:29 pm by Swantz »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Re: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)
An intense and well-thought out campaign, methinks. Also,

Spoiler:
That cliffhanger ending is going to gnaw at me now!

I have to say that I loved some of the combat in the missions, particularly slaughtering foolish Shadow fighters in a borrowed Nial. Awesome sauce.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline maje

:eek:  YAY!!!! Can't wait to play these again.  Come to think of it, never did finish 2259, I think during a long mission involving the Drazi I had a bug where I never received the jump out message after everyone left and thus had to replay it, which I really didn't want to do.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
any suggestions on wich inferno build to use????
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work

:wtf:

Do you intend on playing the game or using FRED?
Do you intend on playing the game or debugging it?

Can someone draw me a flow chart?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Vidmaster im getting an error after you defeat the mission with the big space battle with general heage and his allies against clarks forces. After that mission is done it trys to go on the seccond mission then it comes up error and there a whole list of things that pop up. Let me see if i can copy it on here for you. Like it will say invalid subsystem name then it will give me ship names waypoint paths and so on. Is there something im missing and i cannot copy the error unfortunatly is there something i need to play the rest of this campaign Please help me!!!! This game rocks and i wana continue playing it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Woot.

Detailed comments to come. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Vidmaster

rage2010, are you absolutely SURE you use the Inferno build? because that error only pops up in the normal fs2  :confused:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline diceman111

:wtf:

No only play it ......

Do you intend on playing the game or using FRED?
Do you intend on playing the game or debugging it?

Can someone draw me a flow chart?

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Then use the Inferno build which isn't FRED and isn't for debugging.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

there SHOULD be a program called fs2_open_3_6_9_INF in your TBP folder.

The game's launcher defaults to the standart build, so pay attention to that.

Offline Vidmaster

got the first bug and oddly enough, it's in 2259 and not in the new episode. A minor change I made had some silly side effect. Replaced the campaign with a fixed version.  :)    Thx to noodle for reporting  :)  :yes:

IF MISSION 3 OF 2259 IS UNBEATABLE, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD.

you know now that you think of it i dont have an inerno build.....wait a tic...AH MAN i forgot to download the beta of the finished uptaded TBP i think i got the answer to my question thanks vidmaster oh and by the way yoour FH series ROCKS i enjoy it much but theres something thats been bothering me the Babylon 5 Heat'em up website isnt working anymore did it get shutdown or did the website move to a new domain. still cant wait for 2261 and 2262 of Fortune Hunters if there will be a continuing seres of them. Keep up the good work vidmaster.

Offline diceman111

there SHOULD be a program called fs2_open_3_6_9_INF in your TBP folder.

The game's launcher defaults to the standart build, so pay attention to that.

Just made a complete ass of myself since I didnt bother looking if there where one already............

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Anybody have just the INF build handy? I'm running TBP out of my main FS2 install...

A Feddie Story

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
TBP is a stand alone program.  You should not be running it out of your FS2 directory.  You need to download and install it in it's own directory.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

more minor glitches, nothing that really spoils the expierience. Will fix them when I have the time.

Spoiler:
for example: M12 Enfili's right beam cannon doesn't fire at base

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
TBP is a stand alone program.  You should not be running it out of your FS2 directory.  You need to download and install it in it's own directory.

Why not? It's not like the builds are really different, you realize. :P

A Feddie Story

Offline maje

I really like the general mission structure and story for the campaign so far.  With the exception of having to fix game balancing issues for maybe two missions thus far, it's been pretty fun.  One thing I've been wondering, and forgive me because this may be more of a pof issue, but does the Vree Saucer have its trademark "Rain Cannon" that was seen in Shadow dancing?

Anyways, asides from a few game balance issues for two missions, this is really something.  Looking forward to the end. :D
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Just finished it. It's awful and  extremely difficult (the "Alexander" and "Drazi Firehawk" missions).
Are you... one person Vidmaster ? If you don't precise that I must be thinking that you're a group of people. I can hardly believe all that much was done by just one person.
Thank you very very much for this great campaign.   
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)