Author Topic: Questions about Exodus  (Read 1826 times)

Questions about Exodus
Gday,

First things first - incredible work. This is scratching a very precise itch. My attention span with games these days is woeful but this has me enthralled. Great work.

All questions about Exodus campaign, elite difficulty, MCO 559

Please  - anyone chime in with your experiences. this question need not solely be aimed at the designer.

Question 1)
Are the icons for in mission logistical support (ie salvage/mine layer/repair truck) supposed to be greyed out for some missions, either partially or in full??

Specific Examples
I had to scout an enemy pirate base (4 nav points then extract. There's an enemy atlas in the base according to the briefing). The first time I did so I noticed the salvage icon greyed out. Yes, I had a spare pilot, and yes had 10,000 spare cbills. I thought it might have been deliberate but I reran the mission and the salvage icon was suddenly available and working and subsequently scored myself a bushwacker.

Mission 2-4, operation denial. All icons in support are now greyed out despite multiple restarts. Is this deliberate? If it is - sweet. Annoying but artistic vision and all. If its not I cant see how it wont harm my campaign through lack of salvage. I finished the mission having timed taking the base nicely so that returning forces got massacred. I left a summoner, jaggermech, bushwacker plus assorted lights on the field. Thats a lot of salvage going to waste that would certainly come in handy.

Mission 4-2 operation downtown lights : Is the salvage icon supposed to be greyed out for this mission? Turkina and timberwolf sure would be handy.

Question 2)
Is there always supposed to be salvage after a mission or is it intermittent? Mine has definitely been intermittent as you can probably guess from the question.

Question 3)
Is there any opportunity to purchase mechs at any stage in the campaign apart from before the first mission? I'm 18 missions in and haven't seen any. I love salvaging and struggling but the difficulty is getting ridiculous through the lack of replacements. I constantly fail to meet drop weight and sell off up to 50 tonnes excess. Rolling in cbills with nothing to spend them on.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:03:46 pm by Fellhanded »

Re: Questions about Exodus
Yeah, Exodus' purchase files are screwed up this build.  For whatever reason, all the Mech and Pilot entries after mission one  have a "//" in front of them, which means they aren't available for purchase. A side effect of this is that the game no longer reads the components tab correctly either, so none of the components that are listed are for sale either, even though they're listed correctly. It's an easy enough fix, just go to the campaign file, which is in the data/campaign in your MCO install, use that to determine which purchase files are used by the missions you're playing, and fix them accordingly. All you have to do is remove the "//"s from the front of all the Mech and Pilot entries - not the ones after, though. Those are part of the file names.

The purchase files are all located in the data/missions, and they're .fits, so they can be read with Wordpad. Editing them is nothing. If worse comes to worse though, there's a purchase file tool that comes bundled with MCO, so you can use that to generate your own if need be. Just make sure to label them correctly in the campaign file.

It doesn't look like any other campaigns have this issue, thankfully. It could also be a conscious decision on the part of the MCO team, in order to make Exodus harder, though considering how spotty salvage can be in this campaign, I totally get how this can be annoying.