Author Topic: VeniceMirror official thread!  (Read 24156 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: VeniceMirror official thread!

I'm getting a Wing Commander feel from that ship. :)

Must be the deck guns.
It's the whole ship. It really feels like something out of ConFleet.

Offline CT27

With that said, may I suggest classifying it as a Dreadnought with the GTDn prefix?

Should it be classified as GTDn or GTSD?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Well, you're correct there guys. It won't stay designated as GTD. I was thinking of something like GTVA Archangel, just as the Colossus was named, because the fleet don't have a mainstay of ships in that size, designation should be unique like that. If not, It'll bear the name of Super Destroyer.

Yes, Archangel is a flagship for GTVA fleets, one and unique.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Didn't we discuss about it? Archangel shouldn't be unique battleship, but a class of bigger vessels designed to be flagships of each GTVA fleet.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Didn't we discuss about it? Archangel shouldn't be unique battleship, but a class of bigger vessels designed to be flagships of each GTVA fleet.

We did talked about it. But for now, there will be only one Archangel. Its too early after the Second Shivan incursion for GTVA to have all the firepower. They will be inducted to the fleet as flagship for each fleet later, that's true, but for now, it is only one ship.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Unfortunely, Archangel model was too problematic for me to use (Model and textures issues), and therefore was withdrawn from the mod, and replaced with a special asset Ephyra. Most of you would know it from Shadow Genesis.

And the final asset is finally here! Thanks for the courtesy of Betreyal, SAHC Volator Class, the Venice was finally added.

However, I am more then excited to announce that work over Venece Mirror progressed to Beta state, which means almost all of the hard work over it is practicly done! There are couple of things that needs to be done here, but I think I'd be able to get a proper release before this year ends!

Cheers!

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
"Beta he says. But how can we know?" People might ask.

I decided to follow up on trope that Blue Planet was following (all those glorious cutscenes out) so I present... VeniceMirror Intro!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Are you currently looking for an editor? Because if you're not and you don't already have one, you should be.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Editor? Well, I do gladly accept any kind of help, but could you explain the editor role a bit more... hmmm simply? (I'm just having a bit of problem understanding what that might be)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:49:58 pm by TheHound »

Intro looks interesting.
Good luck. :nod:

By editor he probably meant someone who will check the text lines to correct grammar mistakes and other kinds of text bugs.

Into looks very promising, the only thing that I did not enjoy that much was the music. Please try not to overload your campaign with "too much epic" music :) Sometimes it can make the game rather funny then dramatic.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam

Ephyra vs Venice... will the newest LSR technology outmatch the sheer firepower that GTVA thrown at them?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
By editor he probably meant someone who will check the text lines to correct grammar mistakes and other kinds of text bugs.
Yes. FREDing work seemed very nice (nice work with the cutscene camera), but spelling and grammatical errors made it very hard to watch.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Yes. FREDing work seemed very nice (nice work with the cutscene camera), but spelling and grammatical errors made it very hard to watch.

I am fully aware of my disadvantage here... I just want to complete freding work, and take care of the balance, and text as well... Im sure to post up, looking for people able to help me with this.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
I can help with very basic spelling and grammatical errors (mostly spelling) as I'm a native english speaker if you wish to utilize my aid. But I'd suggest finding someone else to do it as well for some errors can slip under my nose.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
Since you mentioned that you were willing to test Ephesus, I will assist you with editing and grammatical corrections as well as anything else you need in that area.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I were willing, and I am still willing... just you haven't send anything at all... well.

Thanks for your offers guys. When I am done with FRED'ing work, Ill turn in to you for help.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
Yeah, I know. I've been rejigging a lot of my FREDing recently so it'll be a little while before I am testing myself :)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Hello! This time, I come to ask your aid. As VM progress is going well, I've been "rejigging" a lot lately, and..... well, to the point.

There is a major problem I am facing here - "Flavor text". As AdmiralRalwood correctly pointed out, I am not best English writer out there, and therefore, I am looking for a person who has that "artistic drive", and knows English grammar well enough. If there is such a person, and is willing to help me out (messages, briefings, debriefings, tech describtions, etc, etc, all that needs some work on), I'd be more then happy to have such person on-board.

The second matter, is casual beta testing - looking for people who could point out any bugs, inconveniences, balance issues, and so on.

I hope ill get a solution for the first problem, or else, its a shady future for VM...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:37:02 am by TheHound »

dude i can test also