Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Wings of Dawn / Re: Wings of Dawn Lore
« Last post by Spoon on August 21, 2017, 12:28:15 pm »
FUTURE MEDICAL SCIENCE has also expanded the human lifespan by quite a few years, French easily has 20 more years of military life ahead of him, if he so wishes.
General Discussion / Re: ///Total Eclipse 2017 Safety and Information///
« Last post by DefCynodont119 on August 21, 2017, 09:55:53 am »
@ The E
The Image res is two large, that won't display.

Here is a link to your punchline instead:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHhL0GaVYAEdF2o.jpg:large

Eclipse Tip #86: Make sure Images work before posting.  :p
The Modding Workshop / Re: GTF Hydra (heavy assault fighter WIP)
« Last post by Bryan See on August 21, 2017, 09:30:03 am »
And what about team colours?
« Last post by Enioch on August 21, 2017, 08:24:02 am »
Just a small heart attack. He is in his seventies, after all, and he's just had a very rough time followed by a very nasty revelation.

Nothing that FUTURE MEDICINE! can't easily handle, though. He'll be alright and leading the CRF for (some) years to come.
General Discussion / Re: ///Total Eclipse 2017 Safety and Information///
« Last post by The E on August 21, 2017, 08:07:39 am »
These tips are fine, I guess, but here's the real deal:

Test Builds / Re: Force Feedback spring fix (PR #1420) test
« Last post by m!m on August 21, 2017, 07:47:29 am »
Excluding the spring effect from the global scaling is possible since it's, well, a global scaling value. I checked the code for the capship explosions but I could not find anything wrong with it. The FF strength scaling will not make it into the final 3.8 build since it's not really a bugfix.
Test Builds / Re: Force Feedback spring fix (PR #1420) test
« Last post by Lykurgos88 on August 21, 2017, 07:15:53 am »
Hi,

sorry it took me such a long time to respond. I tried the newest build and I can confirm that the global FF strength modification does work at the moment.  :)

I just have one suggestion: Exclude the basic auto-center spring force from this global coefficient. I have a feeling that while joystick players enjoy various intensities of FF effects, most player would want the basic "grip" to be firm. Having a decent auto-center force at any time helps immensely in precision.

-------

On a related note, while this "global coefficient" build is useful, it actually debunks my previous theory about the problem with Capship explosion and missile hit. While I managed to feel a very faint FF effect from Capship explosions, the missile hit FF effects are still nonexistent.

At this point, unless any other players confirm these similar FF problems, I am leaning to the possibility that maybe Microsoft Sidewinder 2 just isn't fully compatible with SDL2 haptic libraries.

--------

Anyway, huge thanks to you m!m for taking your time for us joystick players!  :yes: :yes: :pimp:
« Last post by QuakeIV on August 21, 2017, 06:41:14 am »
I assume he is just salty that they didn't warn him about the lack of torpedoes.  I mean, he is a fairly high ranking military dude, its not like there is any chance of the information spreading out from him and compromising some of their intel assets.  It should be perfectly safe.
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by -Joshua- on August 21, 2017, 05:10:42 am »
Just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. If you haven't heard of it, it's a relatively short, modestly priced ($30 USD) hack and slash/puzzle game with a central theme of mental illness. A lot of games have tried to depict what psychosis is like and none of them have gotten anywhere close to what these developers have managed to pull off. They actually worked with various psychiatrists and people suffering from mental illness to make the experience as authentic as possible, and speaking as someone who's experienced some mild psychosis before, they really nailed what it's like at times. They make use of binaural ASMR-like audio to give you the impression that there are voices right beside you as you play (wear headphones!). They rarely stop talking and will constantly command you, comment on, question, and criticize your actions. It was so surreal. I had to put the game down a few times because it got a bit overwhelming, but the story kept bringing me back.

Hey, thanks for this. I was wondering whether or not I should pick it up becuase I've had a close relative suffering from psychosis, and mental ilnesses are not uncommon from where I live. Sounds like it's tactfull!
The Modding Workshop / Re: How to fix flying through a ship
« Last post by starbug on August 21, 2017, 05:09:02 am »
Cool cheers guys :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >