Author Topic: Earth Defense Megadump  (Read 17903 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.928

ED dump with mystery project assets removed.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: Earth Defense Megadump
Hi i have tried to download this several times from Freespacemods and everytime my download gets to 300 meg it is download complete and then wont open. Is there another mirror for it as i have tried about 7 times to download it with no luck, also using different computers.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
I was able to successfully download the dump, but I had to use a download manager. I'd recommend DownThemAll! for Firefox users, as it's a Firefox extension.

EDIT: Screw that, even if I download this dump using a download manager, many of the files are corrupted. Here's a list.

Can the person in charge of the ED dump please re-package this?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:04:43 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

You won't be able to play some missions because they contained some stuff which was removed in second upload. Mission files have not been changed since then. Inserting other ships in place of missing ship files can be a solution. But I can't tell precisely which ones could be used.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
I'm interested in using these assets from Earth Defense in my mod I'm working on, but the download seems to be stopping at between 70% to 90% before it was completed. I think the connection with the freespacemods.net server was cut off because it doesn't allow downloads of more than 1 GB on my Internet connection. Can you provide a link to an alternate mirror site for this dump?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Was anyone else able to download this dump and extract everything from it?

If so, then why am I getting data errors on pretty much every file in the archive, except for a select few files?

How many ships from the "Mystery Project" did ED have, anyway?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
IIRC, only two or three models, not a whole lot really.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I recommend wait till I find some time and make official, properly packed dump with addonital files from our FTP archives. I have lot of things on my head, but the official dump is definitly gonna happen.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:bump: I, too, have been unable to download the dump. If some kind soul could split this into, say, a package with maps/models/tables and a package with music/interface, the assets could be put to better use.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
I second it, Galemp. I need them for my development of Shattered Stars and others.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I will, but I have too much on my head currently. Stay tuned guys :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Keep us posted :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
FSmods link is dead, please fix :(
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Unless someone fixed it super quick & said nothing this link is working for me?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...and it should be dead, until I repack it, remove buggy and unfinished content, or things that team decided to keep private.

Task that I promised to do long time ago, and as barely started o__O. Yeah, I'm on it. Thanks for reminder :P

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
And when it should be ready? And I do not want anymore uninterrupted larger downloads.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

...and it should be dead, until I repack it, remove buggy and unfinished content, or things that team decided to keep private.

You took the opportunity to redact the pack when it was first released, why are you now saying that it has to be taken down again?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:57:24 pm by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Unless someone fixed it super quick & said nothing this link is working for me?

Did you manage to download the whole thing? The download crashed about 60% of the way through for me.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Aesaar

You took the opportunity to redact the pack when it was first released, why are you now saying that it has to be taken down again?
Gotta hoard them assets.  Otherwise people won't pay attention to him and will instead only care about BP.  That's why his model threads don't get many replies, don't you know.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:02:31 pm by Aesaar »

But it's even dumber than that, he already took out the assets he wanted to hoard when the pack was released. Unless he's decided he wants to keep even more for himself.