Author Topic: [RELEASE] AC Iraklion  (Read 524 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Addicted to this place, this people, and this game
    • Exile
[RELEASE] AC Iraklion

Never intended to finish this thing, but Orpheus requested so... What else I have to say :P?
My pretty lame attempt of making Ancient warship with anything that may be considered as details. Recreational project, in a break from modelling for work and other serious projects. Credits for some texture parts goes to FreeSpaceKing [I DAMN miss you!].
Table is compatible with second act of Ancient Shivan War. However this ship is gonna be a little bit too strong for ASW standards, having the same firepower as Mochlos corvette, but unlike the Mochlos, Iraklion can focus fire of all three cannons in one direction. Original model was taken from old OTT modeldump, and as far as I know, it was supposed to be used in ASW as AC Iraklion... So I made higher poly and more detailed version w/o tilemapping.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:21:46 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

I used to be known here as Betrayal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant and Wiki Maintainer. Sorry for my bad english.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
Re: [RELEASE] AC Iraklion
Thanks for the ship you modeled specifically for my Shattered Stars project, as the Galactic Rim Worlds corvette. However, I still need textures, namely creating the PBR assets plus the AO.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:32:08 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
I actually modelled it without purpose and without any project in mind. Just something I wanted to make, but if you found this appropiate for your project, you're also welcome to use it as whatever you want.

I cannot actually help with PBR textures, as I'm just starting my experiance with Substance Painter and stuff. Glosiness, roughtness or whatever maps you need to make is up to you. The only thing I can do is AO bake. Grab it from here.

Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack

I used to be known here as Betrayal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant and Wiki Maintainer. Sorry for my bad english.

Offline PVD_Hope

• A Typhon-class destroyer.
Nice job! ASW is pretty much my favorite mod ever, so this is a real treat to see. :D

This signature is under construct

Check out my minimod: Lost

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
Nice job! ASW is pretty much my favorite mod ever, so this is a real treat to see. :D
It is my favorite mod as well :P. I really regret that it died, and third chapter won't be made. At least I can make some Ancient starships. Perhaps one day I will update ASD Minos and other older ships.

Online Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
It is my favorite mod as well :P. I really regret that it died, and third chapter won't be made. At least I can make some Ancient starships. Perhaps one day I will update ASD Minos and other older ships.

I tried to resurrect that a few years ago based on the Dump. But unfortunately i was only able to work out a complete campaign script of act 3 part 1 and finished some of the unfinished missions from the dump release aswell i had created some of my exclusive planned missions... even only two of them were nearly completed. But i simply lost motivation after that.

And another idea about an Aesdherian side story failed because the Nightmare fleet that was used for them, does not even have freighters and cargo containers :D.
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, Silent Threat: Reborn (in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova".

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
Iraklion is actually associated with Unborn Legacy project idea, not with ASW at all but Unborn Legacy was supposed to keep ASW as canon. An alternate story, where unknown race influenced late stage of Ancient-Shivan war, destroyed the Lucifer, and saved their empire from destruction. Ancients were supposed to be enemy for GTA and PVN later. I made Iraklion basicly because I needed to find a vent for "how cool that thing would be!" feeling... And later forget the idea. Heart wanted to make it, but mind said "No!" :P. Another offshot of that idea is AD Chania destroyer, used in Exile. I have unfinished frigate somewhere on my HD, but both Chania and the frigate are worse than Iraklion in terms of quality.

I love FS1, and I love Ancients... But I already have too many projects on my head xD. Perhaps if anyone would like to continue ASW, I would apply for such project as model and background creator.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:42:15 pm by Nyctaeus »

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
I actually modelled it without purpose and without any project in mind. Just something I wanted to make, but if you found this appropiate for your project, you're also welcome to use it as whatever you want.

I cannot actually help with PBR textures, as I'm just starting my experiance with Substance Painter and stuff. Glosiness, roughtness or whatever maps you need to make is up to you. The only thing I can do is AO bake. Grab it from here.
Thanks for that map, Nyctaeus. You are my contributor for the Shattered Stars project, as well as others.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline PVD_Hope

• A Typhon-class destroyer.
I love FS1, and I love Ancients... But I already have too many projects on my head xD. Perhaps if anyone would like to continue ASW, I would apply for such project as model and background creator.

This. I'd sign on as a FRED'er if I wasn't doing anything else. :P
This signature is under construct

Check out my minimod: Lost