Author Topic: MCO 344 user made Campaigns?  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Coralon

MCO 344 user made Campaigns?
As a long time lurker and fanboy I have been toying with the idea of some mission editing with a view to making a short campaign for MCO. Originally I played the 240 version then recently downloaded the 304 version and am having my a** handed to me in the modified Carver V campaign (top work, great fun!) and noticed on modDB that there was a news post about a month ago related to 344.

Given that there are a lot of changes such as XNA no longer being required and the save game format changing, will work done in 304 be compatible (albiet with minor updates) with 344?

Offline magic

Re: MCO 344 user made Campaigns?
As a long time lurker and fanboy I have been toying with the idea of some mission editing with a view to making a short campaign for MCO. Originally I played the 240 version then recently downloaded the 304 version and am having my a** handed to me in the modified Carver V campaign (top work, great fun!) and noticed on modDB that there was a news post about a month ago related to 344.

Given that there are a lot of changes such as XNA no longer being required and the save game format changing, will work done in 304 be compatible (albiet with minor updates) with 344?

Yes, mission format is not changed.

Offline Coralon

Thanks for the confirmation magic, only problem now is the era... not much old tech in MCO.

Might have to think outside the box a little.

Offline Coralon

Well having looked outside (or inside) the box I have decided on following canon for a little campaign. Given the forum is very quiet I wanted to give a little tease at the foundation work done so far, I have a campaign name and timeline but wont reveal them yet. A peek at the campaign synopsis:

In a meticulously planned and executed assault which some say was driven by the assassination of his father Yoguchi Kurita,
Coordinator Miyogi Kurita launches an attack against Hesperus II in an attempt to cripple the Commonwealth by destroying the
Defiance Industries facilities on world; the largest battlemech producing factories in the Inner Sphere. With both jump points
to the system blockaded, three regiments of veteran mechwarriors must defend the planet against overwhelming odds...

A further hint at the timeline, the following list of useable tech from MCO:

Light:
Commando 25t
Javelin 30t
Urbanmech 30t
Firestarter 35t
Jenner 35t
Panther 35t

Medium:
Cicada 40t
Vulcan 40t (rare)
Blackjack 45t (rare)