Author Topic: Innovative service for your forum  (Read 2138 times)

Innovative service for your forum
Hi to all!

How can I contact admin or the owner of the forum to discuss private plugin for the forum?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Innovative service for your forum
What about giving us some details here on this thread, first? :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Hi to all!

How can I contact admin or the owner of the forum to discuss private plugin for the forum?
What about giving us some details here on this thread, first? :)
Agreed.  No offense, but a new poster asking about a 'private plugin' for the forum and doesn't list any details gives me pause.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
Hi to all!

Aaand no, you were asked about it here, my posting was not an invite to PM me, it was a request for information to be put here (not to mention that it's not 'my' forum, we are many and have different skills, areas of expertise, etc ).

This is what I received, I'm posting it here for transparency.  My own initial option, this feels kind of slimy and I hate popup frames on principal, but as I have no experience with this particular thing/company, I'm reserving judgement at the moment and will apologize publicly if my apprehensions are baseless.

(URL's changed to prevent inadvertent clicking)

Hello!

I woul'd like to offer you a plugin for your forum. It gives you oportunity to make safe outbound links from your forum and monetize them.

Here is the demo of how it works with one of the forum pages. You can check outbound links in the post on this page:

h**p://sur ly/demo/jdownloads.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D6623.30

1. When users follow outbound links they still stay on your domain and external pages open in a frame - it's good for google positions as the time user spend on your domain rises.

2. Users get warned if there is malware or bad content on the site they are visiting following outbound links from your site - good for users.

3. If outbound links lead to external pages with bad content (adult, malware and etc.), the plugin stops google from following them - good for google positions as your site will never be in a neighbourhood with bad content.

Also you can monetize outbound links showing Google ads on the external pages.

Our plugin is absolutely free. We can help you with the install.

Here is our presenation page - h**p://sur ly

Let me know please what you think about our offer and feel free to contact me with any questions. We are very open for a dialog.

The only way this would even be remotely considered is if we can see the source code, including the final plugin.  No obfuscated code, no binary blobs.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:32:51 am by rev_posix »
--

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That sounds more than a bit sketchy.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
A person we don't know who shows up with something easy and we make money? Why that sounds almost too good to be true!  :rolleyes:

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Another adf.ly? :wtf:
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, ix-nay on this.  Even if it weren't totally sketchy, I too oppose popup frames on principle.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Come now, what's not to like?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm clicking 'ok' so hard but nothing seems to happen! I'm worried I won't be able to claim the prize before the timer runs out
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's shaking too hard!!!

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's shaking too hard!!!

Would look perfectly steady to a dude with Parkinson's.  :)
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
It's shaking too hard!!!
It's shaking as hard as if I was firing a GTW Maxim

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
Yea, after seeing the replies here, I'm thinking this is a definite no (well, 99.99% sure anyway).

OP, assuming your plugin and the 'service' is legitimate, there is absolutely no reason to approach any admin via PM when they specifically ask for details in the public side of the forum and do not say 'yes, PM me'.  That raises a rather large red flag, especially if said 'service' is legitimate.  I also did note that the main web site says nothing about monetizing the URL's posted, but yet the description you gave did?

If this was something that we really wanted to do, we would have already written up a script/plugin that would do it.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Thread is now locked.
--