Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6  (Read 22197 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.6.9 Release Candidate 6
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/3.6.9-RC6.rar

Latest CVS off the 3.6.9 branch.  Several minor bug fixes; very few major ones.

Additionally, 3.6.9 release candidates and 3.6.9 final requires additional files, for the appropriate mediaVPs:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/mediavp/mp-710_adveffects.rar
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/mediavp/mp-710_effects.rar
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/mediavp/mp-710_models.rar
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 08:48:44 am by Goober5000 »

Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6
FINALLY! I was getting tired of having my shields not recharge......

....you DID fix that right?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I believe that was fixed several weeks ago, with a link posted about halfway through the RC5 thread.

So far everything I've seen is great. The shields recharge, and several graphical problems I noted in Derelict have been rectified.

Before I post these problems though, I would like to say that I am fully aware that they have been answered elsewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find where that thread is.

I get black boxes around some weapons (notably the Subach and Kayser, though there may be others), and also many capital ship engine glows are missing. What to do to fix these?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Did you download the mediavp patches from here.. That is the mp-710 files?

They should replace the alphapatches and are to be used instead of the two alphapatches listed in this thread. With 3.6.8 Zeta mediavps.

BTW...  why are  those two (alphapatches) posted here?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 05:48:22 am by Wanderer »
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
Just gave it a quick whirl - everything works apart from the speech synthesis :(

Edit: Also just spotted that the 'Destroy X seconds before mission start' checkbox in FRED isn't lgetting abelled correctly either... it's showing a incremental adjustment field (?)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 08:23:09 am by PotzUK »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
BTW...  why are  those two (alphapatches) posted here?

I copied the RC5 thread without changing the links... :nervous:

Just gave it a quick whirl - everything works apart from the speech synthesis :(

I didn't build with speech synthesis.

Edit: Also just spotted that the 'Destroy X seconds before mission start' checkbox in FRED isn't lgetting abelled correctly either... it's showing a incremental adjustment field (?)

Mantis.

lgetting abelled

:lol: How did that L move over like 8 spaces?

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
lgetting abelled

:lol: How did that L move over like 8 spaces?
[/quote]

lol - it was post edit - I typed it without 'getting' then typed it in afterwards - must have got the cursor in the wrong place :)

Never used Mantis before :S

I didn't build with speech synthesis.

Why not? I liked the voice (stupid as it was). Prevented me from having to look up at the top as much.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Never used Mantis before :S

There always has to be a first time in everything. And this is not the hardest one (neither the funniest one)  ;)
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Did you include changes from your "light-test-builds" or did you leave the lighting system allone (i.e. because of the code freeze)?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Speech synthesis is gone?   :(
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Shade

Not compiled in != Gone. Don't worry, the final release build will surely have all the bells and whistles :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I hope so the speech synthesis was a useful tool for campaign writers.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net

i noticed that but as of yet haven't been able to find the code that is causing it - once in mantis assign it to me
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
i noticed that but as of yet haven't been able to find the code that is causing it - once in mantis assign it to me

It's not a code issue, it's a .rc issue.  Most likely due to my recent interface edits.  Changing the tab order or load order or something should fix it.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
yeah i figured it was probably just some duplicate IDs.. *fires up MSVC*

Offline neoterran

please compile synthesis support next time. I can understand not compiling synthesis support for CVS builds, but it really should be in the Release Candidate branch. Is it a matter of not having the SDK ?
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Is it a matter of not having the SDK ?

probably

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
please compile synthesis support next time. I can understand not compiling synthesis support for CVS builds, but it really should be in the Release Candidate branch. Is it a matter of not having the SDK ?

It's a matter of convenience.  And it is enabled in the release branch, just like in the main branch.  It will be in the 3.6.9 release as well.  Whether it's included in a release candidate is up to the person compiling it.