Author Topic: GTD Rainbow/RandomRedStripes  (Read 4210 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
GTD Rainbow/RandomRedStripes
What is the bugfix for nameplates that look like rainbows?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: GTD Rainbow/RandomRedStripes
I would tell you the answer if I didn't have this problem too. :P

Help?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
It's something corrupt about that nameplate texture (crashed PCS2 as well). This one works, but uses a bit more memory than it actually needs for the role of an invisible texture. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Where do I put it?

EDIT: And will nameplates still be automatic (When I name the ship in FRED will the name show up automatically ingame?)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:11:13 am by colecampbell666 »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Put it in MediaVPs\data\maps if you have it. data\maps if you don't.

And no this texture won't do that sorry. ;) What you're talking about would render-to-texture kinda stuff. (It might/should be possible to do via scripting actually.)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Axem

I believe the problem was that FS2 can't handle a very small DDS file (support starts at like 8 or 16 pixels).

This is the file I give to people who ask about it. Its a 64x64 blank full alpha DDS and seems to work fine.
http://www.axemspace.com/files/misc/nameplate.DDS

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Will this make auto nameplates? How do I use it?

Offline Axem

This works just like VA's, only mine is a bit smaller. :p

And there is no auto-nameplate feature in FS Open right now. You have to make them yourself.

This place has the right font for it and has a quick tutorial on how to make them for Orion destroyers. For making nameplates for other ships, you just make the background totally transparent instead of having the old texture.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I'm certain that there are auto nameplates. When I enter the name of the ship it appears ingame.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Mine's a bit bigger because it was supposed to act as a shape template for the nameplate polygons dimensions. ;)
But I've now realised that because it's the right dimensions, it could also act as a render-to-texture base map, which could easily lead to auto-nameplates. If no one else has, I might have a look into making it do just that next time I do a nameplated HTL ship. :)
Twisted Infinities

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hey, Axem, THAT'S GOOBER'S PAGE!!

There's a more up-to-date site of Goober's (Goober Collective) here: http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/

Offline Axem

Hey, Axem, THAT'S GOOBER'S PAGE!!

Yeah I know. Why the bolded text?

There's a more up-to-date site of Goober's (Goober Collective) here: http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/

The pages are pretty much the same from what I can tell.

Anyway I found my page from karajorma's FAQ so you might want to have a word with him. :p