Author Topic: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 9  (Read 23143 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 9
Do you expect various options to have no effect at all?  :p You can change the effect yourself in your sound drivers IIRC and it is supposed to work like that[it always worked for me at least].
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Great, then I said nothing :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
IIRC, EAX allows you to apply a global sound effect profile to sounds from a particular application or source.  So you ought to be able to change that through your EAX control panel.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Righto. I'd love to test but a lot of us are in the awkward position where none of our projects will actually work on builds this old.  :(
What Battuta said!

this is one of the things that never change. this **** happened back in my heyday. :D i remember when i couldn't use some nukemod features and scripting at the same time because no build had both. hence why the scripts are in another mod. i never did get around to merging those back together. the cutting edge isnt a fun place to be.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:29:42 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah but I don't think we've ever had an official release which was over a year old.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Righto. I'd love to test but a lot of us are in the awkward position where none of our projects will actually work on builds this old.  :(
What Battuta said!

this is one of the things that never change. this **** happened back in my heyday. :D i remember when i couldn't use some nukemod features and scripting at the same time because no build had both. hence why the scripts are in another mod. i never did get around to merging those back together. the cutting edge isnt a fun place to be.

This **** does change - 3.6.12 final dropped right on time for three huge campaigns that were set up to use it.

All three of the teams behind all three of those campaigns are now so far past 3.6.14 on their next projects that they'll never be able to use it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think I can safely speak for the all the SCP members when I say, none of us want a repeat of 3.6.14. 

And you raise a good point, some release co-ordination with the major projects would be a good idea.  Maybe we can can do this for 3.6.16 (or 3.7, I don't believe a firm decision has been made on what's next)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well if the new MVPs are going to come out I think that's reason enough to have a 3.6.14 release.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
We haven't formally discussed the next MVPs release, but I don't think we were planning on coinciding with 3.6.14.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline HAZARDLEADER

• LOL! A wild derp appears!
  • The lurk god.
Hey, I got it to work finally! RC9  originally would not work along with all of the other RC builds, so I fiddled with it until I clicked "Disable OpenGl RenderTargets." Now it opens up just fine, no problems, no black screen. Hopefully this tid-bit of info will be useful!    :)

Do you have an Intel video card? :)

ps. glad you found & shared a workaround for the problem!

Yes, Its a Intel GMA 950.  I am using an old Mac mini, but hopefully this will help other people who are having the same problem with intel graphics cards, Pc and Mac alike!  ;)
...and from the depths of hell I return with gifts;  one-hundred bucks and a bottle of booze.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
What Battuta said!

This **** does change - 3.6.12 final dropped right on time for three huge campaigns that were set up to use it.

All three of the teams behind all three of those campaigns are now so far past 3.6.14 on their next projects that they'll never be able to use it.

also back then coders were more often than not to tell modders no, wait for the end of the code freeze, etc when they asked for a new feature. now (assuming a coder isnt already on the mod team), drop the name of a huge campaign, and its in trunk in a couple days to a week. not to say it doesn't make for a good campaign and a sooner release date, the other side of it is a massive backlog of features and a year long release candidate phase.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
We haven't formally discussed the next MVPs release, but I don't think we were planning on coinciding with 3.6.14.

Skip to 3.6.16, perhaps?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
also back then coders were more often than not to tell modders no, wait for the end of the code freeze, etc. now (assuming a coder isnt already on the mod team), drop the name of a huge campaign, and its in trunk in a couple days to a week. not to say it doesnt make for a good campain and a sooner release date, the other side of it is a massive backlog of features and a year long release candidate phase.

Why was there no year long release candidate phase for 3.6.12 then? Same teams, same people, same coders...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Skip to 3.6.16, perhaps?

We have a rough asset completion goal in mind. But nothing is set it stone as of yet.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
also back then coders were more often than not to tell modders no, wait for the end of the code freeze, etc. now (assuming a coder isnt already on the mod team), drop the name of a huge campaign, and its in trunk in a couple days to a week. not to say it doesnt make for a good campain and a sooner release date, the other side of it is a massive backlog of features and a year long release candidate phase.

Why was there no year long release candidate phase for 3.6.12 then? Same teams, same people, same coders...

because you all got lucky. they also did regular code freezes if i remember correctly. keep in mind my experience with this engine isnt so near term. im not talking 3.6.12, im talking 3.6.10 or 3.6.9 and prior, i got started when freespace didnt have a 2 after it, while it was still closed source.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
All right, dude, sorry for ruining the SCP with our needy incompetence.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im not trying to be hostle, im just starting to get fed up with people belittling my experience. we just need to re-establish a little equilibrium.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Your self-admittedly outdated experience? OK.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
yes im out of expirience, nothing an hour long perusal of the wiki wouldnt fix. theese days i just look at the code.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

I'm not even going to bother.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them