Author Topic: Happy New Year from the SCP (3.6.9 Official Release)  (Read 213506 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Happy New Year from the SCP (3.6.9 Official Release)
That's why you make two VPs, stick one in your FSPort directory, and throw the other with the MediaVPs.  Problem solved. :)
Exactly. :)

They are two separate sets of movies.  They aren't meant to be in the same VP, or even in the same directory for that matter.  One goes in the main game directory, for the FS2 movies, and the other is for the FSPort movies and goes in that mod directory.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Ehh...I just found a show stopping bug.  I posted it in Mantis a couple of days ago.  One question though, do you need any of the RC builds to successfully run the 3.6.9 final?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Shade

No, 3.6.9 final replaces the RC builds.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:20:48 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I'm getting this in both the stable and unstable CVS branches... any chance of getting a Linux version that opens the Theora movies?

Code: [Select]
In file included from cutscene/movie.cpp:116:
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:23:27: error: theora/theora.h: No such file or directory
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:41: error: ‘theora_info’ does not name a type
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:42: error: ‘theora_comment’ does not name a type
./cutscene/oggplayer.h:43: error: ‘theora_state’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [movie.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jsampson/fs2_open/code'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Offline Shade

Keep your eyes on this thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44374.0.html. Taylor will post it there once it is ready.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Oh...

Taylor asked me to also mirror the OGG format movies, and I have also compiled them into a VP, you can download them either way, seporately or in the vp below. The FS1cutscenepack.vp goes in your FSPort directory and the FS2cutscenepack.vp goes in the root FS2 folder.

Cutscene VP for FS 1&2
FS1cutscenepack.vp
FS2cutscenepack.vp

Descent: FreeSpace Cutscenes
ancients1.ogg
ancients2.ogg
ancients3.ogg
ancients4.ogg
ancients5.ogg
commandbrief.ogg
endgame.ogg
fs1_intro.ogg
hallfight.ogg
lab.ogg

FreeSpace 2 Cutscenes
bastion.ogg
colossus.ogg
endpart1.ogg
endprt2a.ogg
endprt2b.ogg
intro.ogg
mono1.ogg
mono2.ogg
mono3.ogg
mono4.ogg

Ok the fs1 and fs2 cutscenes are split.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I get this error message when using OpenGL:

"Unable to get proper pixel format for OpenGL W32!"

The game wouldn't even start, and I have to resort to using D3D w/o the nice eyecandy.  :doubt:

I'm using Windows Vista x64, which is the culprit for most of my other software problems.  But other than that, my hardware specs are:
2x Opteron 265 dual core
Radeon X1600
4GB of RAM

Any help would be much appreciated!

- Rampage

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
That means that it couldn't get a hardware accelerated visual.  It will try at the color depth you specify in the Launcher, and if it fails it will drop down to 16-bit color (regardless of whether you selected that in the Launcher) and try again.  If it still can't get a hardware accelerated visual then it will give you that error and fail to load the game.

So, it's either that you don't have proper video card drivers installed, you have the drivers installed but they suck ass, or you need to lower the resolution specified in the Launcher to see if it will work better with a lower setting.

Offline neoterran

Taylor asked me to also mirror the OGG format movies, and I have also compiled them into a VP, you can download them either way, seporately or in the vp below. The FS1cutscenepack.vp goes in your FSPort directory and the FS2cutscenepack.vp goes in the root FS2 folder.

Cutscene VP for FS 1&2
FS1cutscenepack.vp
FS2cutscenepack.vp

Descent: FreeSpace Cutscenes
ancients1.ogg
ancients2.ogg
ancients3.ogg
ancients4.ogg
ancients5.ogg
commandbrief.ogg
endgame.ogg
fs1_intro.ogg
hallfight.ogg
lab.ogg

FreeSpace 2 Cutscenes
bastion.ogg
colossus.ogg
endpart1.ogg
endprt2a.ogg
endprt2b.ogg
intro.ogg
mono1.ogg
mono2.ogg
mono3.ogg
mono4.ogg

Ok the fs1 and fs2 cutscenes are split.

Thanks alot DW-Hunter, this is great.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

:) No problem

Offline Tamlin

Happy New Year People! Okay ,I need some help,It may be dumb but here it is.I have the FreeSpace2 Sim of the year version which is 1.2. I've used the retail mods fine some bugginess but otherwise fine.Now my problem my comp is older about 5 years [my new one was stolen]but it meets the requirments so.
  I used the online updater for FSO back in Nov when it came out.Now the newer updater came out I reverted to retail and tried the JAVA one to no avail, I'm a basic user so the all in one is great. Now I've read most of the forum posts and have downloaded 3.6.9 and all the goodies thanks to Huggy,Hunter and others.Putting it together modularly and it works..Kind of. It first starts to shudder, freeze, gets going again and finally blinks to desktop goes back and flashes a runtime error message about Run32 C++ .I'm confused, the first all in one was great why change it,Yes improvement of the code But it worked fine and now i'm about ready to dump my pint in my computer.I have all the mods,Fred2,Launcher5.5 the guts on diskes and have a clean install. So how do I fix this,cause I got a bunch of Freded missions I want to play.

First, thanks for the mention.  :)
Second, somebody else will have to speak to that error.

My guide has some modular install aspects, but it's not tested or designed that way. You have to use Shivan's install to make sure everything is right I think.

If you want to update a retail install, use Turey's installer/updater.

One bit of weirdness to watch out for though, is that every time you run FS with a new exe (3.6.9 in this case) you have to open your firewall. I use Windows firewall and always get a message, you may use something else so be aware. You can also run FS in a window to see if anything like that pops up. It's in the Launcher/Features/Dev Tool section. I should add that to my guide.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Happy New Year People! Okay ,I need some help,It may be dumb but here it is.I have the FreeSpace2 Sim of the year version which is 1.2. I've used the retail mods fine some bugginess but otherwise fine.Now my problem my comp is older about 5 years [my new one was stolen]but it meets the requirments so.
  I used the online updater for FSO back in Nov when it came out.Now the newer updater came out I reverted to retail and tried the JAVA one to no avail, I'm a basic user so the all in one is great. Now I've read most of the forum posts and have downloaded 3.6.9 and all the goodies thanks to Huggy,Hunter and others.Putting it together modularly and it works..Kind of. It first starts to shudder, freeze, gets going again and finally blinks to desktop goes back and flashes a runtime error message about Run32 C++ .I'm confused, the first all in one was great why change it,Yes improvement of the code But it worked fine and now i'm about ready to dump my pint in my computer.I have all the mods,Fred2,Launcher5.5 the guts on diskes and have a clean install. So how do I fix this,cause I got a bunch of Freded missions I want to play.

f you're on Windows, you might want to try the .exe Installer, as it is easier to get started than the .jar Installer. Link is here.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline sfried

Here's one thing I don't understand:

Why does the Installer both .ogg *and* MVE files on my Movie folder? i thougt it only needed .ogg...

Also: I'm having problems when viewing things on  the Tech Room, as well as exiting the screen. There are some real bad display errors lingering around.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:14:18 pm by sfried »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Also... any estimations when the Linux build will be available?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Here's one thing I don't understand:

Why does the Installer both .ogg *and* MVE files on my Movie folder? i thougt it only needed .ogg...

It give you a choice. You don't have to install both.

Also: I'm having problems when viewing things on  the Tech Room, as well as exiting the screen. There are some real bad display errors lingering around.

You probably should be using OpenGL for graphics if you aren't already doing so.

Also... any estimations when the Linux build will be available?

* Turey also wants to know the answer to this question.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

turey, you should use my OGG-VP files for your installer. It will help keep things look less cluttered in the root dir.

Offline sfried

I already am running it on OpenGL, and there's still a display glitch. It happens especially when it tried to load a whole list.

Might I also be specific that the glitch also happens when trying to load a lists of files (like missions, etc.) and when you try to exit in a normal fasion after playing a mission.

Edit: Can I also delete the folders named "temp" and "Install"? Untill a (real) Windows installer/updater comes up, it seems virtually usless to me. (I also didn't particulalry like the installer, prompting me every time even when I didn't particularly need the add-on)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:04:32 am by sfried »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
So, it's either that you don't have proper video card drivers installed, you have the drivers installed but they suck ass, or you need to lower the resolution specified in the Launcher to see if it will work better with a lower setting.

I tried all your suggested combinations.  Still doesn't work on OpenGL.  I checked ATI's website, and the 64bit Catalyst driver for Vista is only BETA.  Moreover, I also read that OpenGL is weird on Windows Vista.  If anyone else got SCP 3.6.9 working on Vista 64bit w/ OpenGL, please let me know!

- Rampage