Author Topic: LEAKED BETA: JUST ANOTHER DAY 2.21 - YOU ARE (NOT) ALPHA 1  (Read 33852 times)

Offline Axem

Re: LEAKED BETA: JUST ANOTHER DAY 2.21 - YOU ARE (NOT) ALPHA 1
You're in control of the blue ship, so you're taking the shot! Make it count!

Thanks alot! I discovered I didn't kill him fast enough with red and green to have him come in time.

The campaign was very well done. You put a lot of effort into each mission and each of teh beta testers were unique and funny.
I hope you continue to expand on Holly's role and make new quirky awesome missions.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
To override the credits to be nyancat press 3 before they start. A :3 should appear in the lower right. I have an ED theme cheat sheet somewhere. When I find it again I'll post it up.

:nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Axem

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Press G
Every time

AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU AI JOU YUU JOU
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:04:50 am by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
just finished it, and wow, that was awesome.  Funny, polished, engaging, I'm eagerly looking forward to the next installment :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Um, double post and all, but there's one minor issue I've noticed during the cutscenes, the ETS gauge still appears.  To reproduce, just start mission 6 from the tech room. 

I had a look at the mission file, and I guess it's because "axemdisable hud except messages" does not disable Ets Retail (damn that new gauge! :nervous:).  But there's also disable-hud-except-messages used with an if-then-else, umm... so not sure why that sexp wasn't used by itself as it should stop Ets Retail from appearing.  Maybe just set "axemHack" to 0? :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Well that's a bunch of silly things that are working together to annoy you.

First is me wanting headanis during cutscenes. If you go hud-disable-cutscene-except-messages in a normal fighter view, you get headanis. If you're in cutscene camera mode, you won't. I talked to SCP about it and no one could figure out why, and release time was getting closer. So I made a horrible "axemhack" where when a cutscene starts, I manually disable every gauge EXCEPT messages and talkinghead.

But then *somebody* added this ETS Retail Gauge, and that wasn't accounted for in the sexp because I had already released. ;)

For JAD2.22 there is a fix of sorts. A game setting table now has the option to not to disable the hud in cutscenes, which allows disable-hud-except-cutscenes in cutscene mode.

I don't know why, but it just works.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Cool & thanks, it's good to get some context/background around what can seem like unrelated bug reports on mantis :)
----
----

Offline Axem

I finally relented and fixed the ETS gauge appearing in cutscenes. It was looking real dumb and I don't know when the next time I'll be releasing.

Links updated, if you've already downloaded it just grab patch 3!

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Played this campaign a while ago and just wanted to say this Evangelion X HLP theme is hilarious! Keep fighting the good fight, don't let psychological issues get the better of you and watch out for SEELE!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Surely you mean STEELE.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."