Author Topic: Chapter 1 discussion  (Read 8127 times)

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Hi!
I see that no one noticed September news on your website and you wanted some opinions and discussion about split into multiple releas? Let me to be the first. ;)
In my opinion that's absolutely good idea :yes: More missions to play now, less waiting for finishing, testing and other things that take a lot of time. That way community will get good preview of things that you're aiming for and everyone can share opinions what to improve/change/modify in future chapters. In addition FREDders that FRED small campaigns (like Orpheus) will get cool new models to play with and everyone would be glad to see those models released.

Sorry for my grammar. I'm expecting more opinions about that and I guess project members too :)
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Now that ST:R is (mostly) done, then all Goober needs to do is finish TVWP Chapter 1 (another 4 years) and then work can begin on finishing up the last few missions in chapter 1 of SA (and probably re-writing a few as well).
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Don't forget about me!

I'm gonna work on tying up a few loose ends with FSPort (missing interface art, Operation Templar) then I'll come on over here to help.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

cool.

Dunno if i'll play it, i CANNOT win in a vasudan ship.

But looking at the new stuff will be nice.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline starlord

It's a pity this one is archived too, The scroll of atankarzhim was one of my favorites. I couldn't stop just peeking on the site...

Could you please reassure us all and tell us that like machina terra this is simply a temporary setback? please? :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's just a temporary setback.  Scroll will come out of hibernation later this year.

Offline starlord

Great to hear goober.

I'll be watching!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's just a temporary setback.  Scroll will come out of hibernation later this year.
I assume Sesq won't be involved.

Is it possible that he would be consulted over certain things even if he's not actually directly involved?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, there's a difference between "involved as project leader" and "involved at all".  Of course he'll be involved; this is his project after all.  The new arrangement is that I'm taking over as project leader and managing the administrative stuff, but we'll still follow his story and mission outline.  He won't visit the boards nearly as much as he used to, but he'll stop by from time to time.  We'll generally use our own judgement, but if we have questions, we'll ask him.  Galemp and I have both had detailed conversations with Sesq in the past about story and mission development, so we have a pretty good base of knowledge to go from.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Goob has things exactly right. I remain interested in SA, and look forward to seeing it completed. But I haven't the time to run the project. My role is now essentially overseeing the story line, imaginative world, and so on, and providing various written texts used to advance the story.  Goob will do what he is good at, and the team is in place to make their various contributions, so when the time is right, SA's story will be told.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Goob has things exactly right. I remain interested in SA, and look forward to seeing it completed. But I haven't the time to run the project. My role is now essentially overseeing the story line, imaginative world, and so on, and providing various written texts used to advance the story.  Goob will do what he is good at, and the team is in place to make their various contributions, so when the time is right, SA's story will be told.
Sounds good. It'll still be the Scroll of Sesquipedalian then.