Author Topic: Official new people thread!  (Read 228065 times)

Offline Canna_Bis

• Can be hit 4 any audio stuff...
Re: Semi-official new people thread!
Wanted to have sth lihe this:

Let's say that we had a presidetnt :P
Sorry 4 my English... I'm just a Pole...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Psy-Duck!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hi, been there 4 some years... Finally registered. Can do any audio. THX 4 keeping a great game alive. Any fan-made campaign suggestions  (WiH lacks only VA... True successor 2 Freespace games...)
Hey dude. I gotta say, Poles have sexy accents. Go voice act WiH! :P

Offline Canna_Bis

U really don't wanna hear my voice...

BTW:

Only  Polish will laugh at this picture above... It's all about our politics and the ex-potato-president :P

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Who's a potato president? :P
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Canna_Bis

Lech Kaczynski... .Polish president  that died a few months ago in a plane crash in Russia (some of the Polish politicians imply that it was shot down by a Russian missile... A preparation for a communist invasion... Treb strike??)

I'm calling him a potato president 'cuz a German tabloid called him as such... and our goverment made it a huge scandal that both Germans and Polish laughed at... EOT.

I'm gonna get banned  :D

BTW: The Polish Taliban:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p2MAdD64bg

So unlucky that most of the HLP doesn't speak Polish...

I'm really gonna get banned :D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:48:40 pm by Canna_Bis »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I mean: What's the origin of the metaphor? Why is he "the potato" president?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Canna_Bis

wait a sec 'till I'll upload his pic...

2Mb image...

[IMG=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2365/kaczkah.jpg][/IMG]

I'm really gonna be banned...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:54:42 pm by Canna_Bis »

Is he secretly Irish?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Canna_Bis

Nope, he's just a potato...

BTW: The duck (kaczka means duck in Polish, Kaczynski is sth like duck-ish) was buried in the Polish king's vault where our heroes, like Kosciuszko, are having their final rest... That's why we have floods in Poland... The dead are mad for the companionship :P And now one of our politicians (the one that destroyed our intelligence by revealing all the agents' names etc.) is asking for the US help to "find out what really happened" while revealing some top secret data (like the codes for our ciphered phones) to a foreign country... Because it was a Russian terrorist attack...

Google for Macierewicz...

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm here to comment on how ****ing awesome BengalTiger's welcome post is. :lol:

I'm here to comment on how ****ing awesome BengalTiger's welcome post is. :lol:

Thanks. Guess I might have to come up with another one one of these days...
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

I just have to say WOW!  This is an amazing project that I remember hearing about a long time ago, and have finally after many years had a chance to grab all the necessary files and try it out.  I'm blown away.

I was a Freespace player way back in the day, and still have the original fold out box for Descent: Freespace on my bookshelf.  I see elsewhere in the forum that some people have fond memories of the Tango mini campaign I made 12 years ago:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=49267.0  I can't tell you how touched I am. 

Happy Freespacing to you all, thank you so much to everyone who's made the FSO project what it is. 

--Julian

Woaw, it's the Lonewolf !

Offline kisumu

Now then, now then, now then!

I'm afraid that I'm one of the unelect who until the eurogamer retrospective last month had never even heard of Freespace, let alone fs2, let alone this healthy community keeping the lights on! Sorry, beams on. I've played fs2 and bp with the graphical shinymakers and was amazed with what this gang had achieved, not only creating a fitting tribute to the original devs but really building on their foundations to make a stunning, accomplished game. Well done all! I loved games like Tachyon and Freelancer in my teens but was always disappointed that the plots always boiled down to 2 sets of *rseholes wanting 1 set of things so fs has been an absolute revelation.

Well it's nice to meet you all, you seem friendly. If anyone has an idea of how a novice might be able to contribute please let me know.

PS. My Mrs. has done some voice work and didn't run a mile when I mentioned to her what you lot are up to...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:welcome:

It's great to see that those random articles about the game out there actually manage to get new people interested. :) It really is amazing what this community has been able to accomplish over the past decade.  Pretty much every active project is always looking for any extra help they can find, which even includes testing for people like me who aren't exactly creatively-inclined.  Voice actors are definitely in high demand too, so if your wife would be interested in it at some point, I know there'd be parts available.

Offline Biophysicist

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
I'm new here... I don't play FS2 much, or really do much with it, but I had an idea to create a machinima in it - inspired by the oh-so-epic Open trailer thingy, and a random machinima I saw made in a different flight simulator (which had only one episode, made about a year ago).

(Is this a stupid idea and/or is anyone at all interested - trying to gauge if I should start a thread.)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:welcome:

I think it would be awesome to see some machinima created in the engine.  Go for it. :)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Welcome to HLP.
el hombre vicio...