Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 86845 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Looks like an elephant, I'm not liking the nose right now, what about something less rounded?
StarSlayer's concept about the Deimos was quite good, I liked that angular nose thingy he made.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
That is damn sexy. . . I feel like there should be distinctions between the types of turrets, but that's rather nitpicky and a bit unrealistic of me.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
There will be, definitely gonna make custom missile mount models and terslash models for it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

I'm with Rodo on the new developments. The front section is starting to look a bit like an inflatable toy for its lack of hard shapes.

Edit: Also, it might be the angle, but it seems the distance between the front thruster and the turret is shorter than it was before. I'm getting the impression that it would be kind of toasty to be that turret :P

Rest of it looks very good though.

Offline Hades

How about this, better?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:15:52 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I feel like the bottom part shouldn't bulge out as it goes with the curve, like the curve is held out too long.

Offline Hades

Alright, how about now? :P
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

That looks much better to me.

Also, is it just the angle, or has the front thruster actually been pushed back? I still get the impression that the turret's getting burnt.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Hades

Actually, it's a bit pushed forward than the retail thruster, and the multipart is in about the same place. I wish I could change it, because it was a dumb placement on the retail model for the gun, but there's not much I can do about that.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That's better, keep on it Hades :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
You've got an impressive amount of talent.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You really do - your Medusa knocked it the **** out of the park!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm actually really disliking the direction this is going... I much prefer my Deimos machined out of a block of steel and not extruded from Play-Doh.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sololop

Whatever site your using to upload doesn't want to show up on my PC  :nervous:

Offline Hades

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

The radar dish and sensor spikes look decidedly out of place.

Can we get a shot of what the front thruster looks like from the back? Or some sort of underside shot?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yeah, all that sensor stuff up front looks tacked on. Truth be told, I think I'm with GE on this - it's just... I can see the deimos, but it lacks the feel of it fundamentally.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hades

And what would be the feel of it? Truth be told... I never cared for the original Deimos, the font was a block and the back was curved, it always seemed to clash to me.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

It might be the muffin top that the top section has kind of become. It doesn't look well-integrated into the rest of the model, and almost as if you could pry it off with your hand.

I personally think it's okay. I might argue that all the smoothed over edges get slightly smaller radii to look harder, but I'm waiting for a little more development before I'll need to say anything like "it's going in the wrong direction".