Author Topic: Old FS2 Player returning :)  (Read 2227 times)

Old FS2 Player returning :)
Hello everyone,
I'm joining up now, too! Have played FS2 a long time ago and am always eager to test and play mods that keep awesome games alive after many years (Skyrim, Homeworld 2, Freespace, Baldur's Gate 2 etc...) So i am not entirely new to the concept of "getting mods to work without a CTD", but I still experience some problems now and then. This means you might get some questions from me regarding the FS2 mods in the near future ;)
I already had a problem with the Blue Planet Campaign, but I think I solved it by reading through this forum. Or maybe not, we'll see ;)

I am also trying to learn how to use FRED, so maybe if I'm successfull you will hear from me....

Keep up the awesome work,

greetings

Bomb3rman

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Old FS2 Player returning :)
Hello everyone,
I'm joining up now, too! Have played FS2 a long time ago and am always eager to test and play mods that keep awesome games alive after many years (Skyrim, Homeworld 2, Freespace, Baldur's Gate 2 etc...) So i am not entirely new to the concept of "getting mods to work without a CTD", but I still experience some problems now and then. This means you might get some questions from me regarding the FS2 mods in the near future ;)
I already had a problem with the Blue Planet Campaign, but I think I solved it by reading through this forum. Or maybe not, we'll see ;)

I am also trying to learn how to use FRED, so maybe if I'm successfull you will hear from me....

Keep up the awesome work,

greetings

Bomb3rman
Hi, Bomb3rman. How are you?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Thanks I'm fine! Right now trying the tutorials for FRED and slowly understanding the way the SEXPs work :)

Hope you're doing well, too!

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
:welcomeblue:
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
By the record, I first played FS2 back in 2000, but was forgotten. I was not aware of the release of the source code two years later. Then in 2008, I discovered it.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Dude, nobody cares. This thread wasn't about you. Why do you try to hijack everything?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I'm not sure it's intentional.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
HI! If you are interested, Bigchunk1 made this awesome tutorial playlist about FS modding, although you may-or-may-not have seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csseKT3eiaE&list=PL6UAAcjEObko4wCCRmrngHFkywLDDO6o3
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Hello! Thank you for the list, though I'm just trying to create missions, don't know if I find the time to create own Ships. But thank you anyway  :)

Never enough FREDders here. You go right ahead and learn how.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.