Author Topic: When was the last time "The FreeSpace Open Installer" was updated?  (Read 1672 times)

When was the last time "The FreeSpace Open Installer" was updated?
Hey there everyone, trying to get back into FS2 like many others and just wondering when the last time the installer was updated and how does it get updated if one of the modifications featured are updated?

As I believe I made this account a few years ago and when I tried using the installer then, some mods would never progress during the downloading/installation period.

So yeah, just wondering when it was last updated and if one of the mods on the installer gets updated, does the installer get updated as well?

Thanks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: When was the last time "The FreeSpace Open Installer" was updated?
As long as mod teams keep their files up to date, the installer will give you the latest and greatest. It never needs to be 'updated' exactly — it just pulls from the files the mod teams supply.

Don't worry if some of the files error out or don't download — odds are good they're nonessential. (I wish we could get the launcher to tell you this!)

Re: When was the last time "The FreeSpace Open Installer" was updated?
As long as mod teams keep their files up to date, the installer will give you the latest and greatest. It never needs to be 'updated' exactly — it just pulls from the files the mod teams supply.

Don't worry if some of the files error out or don't download — odds are good they're nonessential. (I wish we could get the launcher to tell you this!)
Well that's fantastic, thank you.