Author Topic: radar ?? fov ?? help plz  (Read 2949 times)

radar ?? fov ?? help plz
hi there
im playing the game with SCP Mediavp 2014 and its awesom

but how to change fov? if it possible..i tried -fov but nothing changed!!

and about the Radar i have..i enabled 3D radar but its still like 2D !!

i want this..how?

i know this's Babylon project..is there a way to play Mediavp 2014 with Babylon HUD's and Radar?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: radar ?? fov ?? help plz
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

With -fov, did you add a value after it like 0.6?  i.e. so the whole thing looks like:

Code: [Select]
-fov 0.6
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

With -fov, did you add a value after it like 0.6?  i.e. so the whole thing looks like:

Code: [Select]
-fov 0.6

yes i did but i dont c any difference !!

about the F2log..i tried to put it here but it says too long
but i Attached it for u

so u mean i can change the Radar from that to Babylon style?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:33:48 am by kaicooper »

A small change in fov isn't supposed to be immediately obvious unless you're very used to the standard fov.
You can take comparison screenshots. Default fov is 0.75, so if you really want to see a difference set your fov at 0.65 or lower.

You can post the log as an attachment, that's how it's usually done.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

^^^ i attached it ..so u think i can change the radar bro?

Well, the -orbradar cmdline option passed so you should have the 3D radar in the game. If you want the "dots on sticks" look from Babylon 5 then remove "MV_Radaricons.vp" from your MediaVPs folder. Radaricons don't work all that well with 3D radar.

As for fov... I don't see a -fov flag in the passed cmdline options so there should be no change from the default 0.75.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Well, the -orbradar cmdline option passed so you should have the 3D radar in the game. If you want the "dots on sticks" look from Babylon 5 then remove "MV_Radaricons.vp" from your MediaVPs folder. Radaricons don't work all that well with 3D radar.

As for fov... I don't see a -fov flag in the passed cmdline options so there should be no change from the default 0.75.

but i added -fov 0.60 in Futures Custome flags..
this's correct right?

Can you copy your entire command line? If you're using Wxlauncher it's in the advanced settings tab, under the custom flags field.
Also your build is pretty ancient, looks like one of the early 3.7.5 nightlies, from all the way back in July. Are you sure you're posting the right log? If you're using a newer build you'll have to take the log from %appdata%, not the one from the Freespace 2/data folder.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:24:35 am by FrikgFeek »

Can you copy your entire command line? If you're using Wxlauncher it's in the advanced settings tab, under the custom flags field.
Also your build is pretty ancient, looks like one of the early 3.7.5 nightlies, from all the way back in July. Are you sure you're posting the right log? If you're using a newer build you'll have to take the log from %appdata%, not the one from the Freespace 2/data folder.

now its great buddy..im playing it with -fov 0.80 ..seems good
i didint know its earlier build ..i though its the last..then witch one is that last build?

Not sure why you'd want to increase the fov above default but whatever floats your boat I guess.

The latest build is the January 2nd nightly, 988c61f. Found here.
What the debug log says you're using is the July 4th nightly, I don't even know where you dug that up.