Author Topic: config file? im lost  (Read 2289 times)

hi there

i used to play the game with FSOPEN 3.7.4 july build
and it was working great..cus i was playing it with Xbox controller and GlovePIE
it was perfect..

last night tried last Nighty build and its wayyy better in everything
but i can c that controler working without GlovePie..witch is good but not full
so i wanna play exactly like i used too with my GlovePIE before..

the Q is..how to turn off Gamepad in this game? i just wanna use GlovePIE just like i used to
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:17:33 am by kaicooper »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The first time you run an SDL2 build of FSO with a compatible version of wxLauncher, it should've copied all your pilot files, so you should have exactly the same controls defined. Is that not what happened?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

The first time you run an SDL2 build of FSO with a compatible version of wxLauncher, it should've copied all your pilot files, so you should have exactly the same controls defined. Is that not what happened?

hi there..im sorry..i checked again and all config was same as previews ..BUT
now i can use my controller without GlovePIE witch is good but i dont like the gamepad config
i mean like d-pads for TrackIR..i dont want that..also A and B for firing !!..LT + RT not working at all .. i wanna disable that

i tried to remove all gamepads botton from Control Config in the game..but still i can fire with A and B
also TrackIR !!

anyway to disable it plz..really wanna finish the campaign  :shaking:

In the "basic settings" tab set your joystick to "No joystick". It's near the bottom.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

In the "basic settings" tab set your joystick to "No joystick". It's near the bottom.

where's basic setup?
in FSopen Louncher i already choosed NO Joystick
where els to disable it?

Ah, I got it. Even if you disable all gamepad buttons in the in-game control config it might still detect face buttons as "button 1", "button 2", and "button 3".
And FSO doesn't differentiate between gamepad buttons and mouse buttons so if fire is bound to mouse button 1 you will also fire with A.
Have you tried removing those mouse button bindings both in-game and in glovePIE and setting them to keyboard commands?
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Ah, I got it. Even if you disable all gamepad buttons in the in-game control config it might still detect face buttons as "button 1", "button 2", and "button 3".
And FSO doesn't differentiate between gamepad buttons and mouse buttons so if fire is bound to mouse button 1 you will also fire with A.
Have you tried removing those mouse button bindings both in-game and in glovePIE and setting them to keyboard commands?

oh man thank you..didnt think about that..i just changed Mouse Botton 1 and Botton 2 to Cntrl and Space better..now A+B can shut up lol

BUT one more thing..in my controller D-Pads = TrackIR..how to disable it ?

i donno witch one is TrackerIR in the game config..i just wanna disable it

Go under misc. in the controls menu and unbind the view up, view right, view left, and view rear options. You can also use the "search" function. Press search in the controls menu and then press a direction on your hat to go straight to any control bound to it.

Go under misc. in the controls menu and unbind the view up, view right, view left, and view rear options. You can also use the "search" function. Press search in the controls menu and then press a direction on your hat to go straight to any control bound to it.

big thanx brother...sorry for disturbing

really appreciate ur help