of course i know, that this is an english speaking community. But i know, that there are still some german speaking players around here, that do not visit a german speaking forum anymore, so maybe some of you are still interested in this.
For a couple of months i was working on a german translation for "Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos" (and "Mefistofele" of course) and i am proud to announce, that i finished this project yesterday after i finished my playthrough of this campaign with regular means, in which i fixed some last errors.What is this Package translating?
- All missions and objectives have german text with english voice over.
- All movies have german subtitles.
- Graphics with english texts are translated into german. So to speak the Mefistofele Main Menu as well the Mission loading screens and finally also the welcoming and countdown graphics in the bonus missions.
- Mission names
- Technical Database
- Headlines and Editorials
- Various HUD gauges
- Names of objects in the mission itself, especially things like Waypoints
- Subsystems on ships and stations that are mission critical.What is different to the original files?
- All Tables and Missions were supplemented with a tstring-ID, so most of the mod is even playable in both languages (unfortunately, not everything
- Every event in the missions that uses a subtitle-text SEXP is using a message with tstring-id instead of an exclusive text, now.
- Hardcoded texts in files and missions were directly translated in the file itself, especially for features that were not available in retail. For example the Sectormap, Fiction Files or the additional hud gauges.
- The Battle Snails in "Mefistofele" were reactivated, because for whatever reason they did not work in the official SoC release. So you can find 4 Snails in the Demo campaign also, even they do not have an effect on the Snails you can find during "Slaves of Chaos".
- The longer kills.ani for the killcount in the HUD from the german version is used, to fit the longer text.
- An own longer minegauge.ani was also created to fit the longer german text, too.
- Every graphic file with english text in it was edited to change the text.
- The Terminal in "The Texas Seven" got some additional eastereggs. As well some entries will also work if you use a german command.What is needed for this?
You need Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos
Also the MediaVPs 2014
And the 3.8.0-RC1
Additionally i am strongly recommend the wxlauncher 0.12.0 RC2Download
The Translation itself:Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos (German)
Optional - The Movies with subtitles:Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos German Subtitled Movies in 480p
(430 MB)Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos German Subtitled Movies in 720p
(658 MB)Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos German Subtitled Movies in 1080p
Of course you do not have to download the english speaking movies from the original mod if you want to use the german ones. Also you need only to download the resolution you want to use.
After 3.8.0 has left the Release Candidate, i am planning to release an All-in-One Installer, for Windows at least, that will contain all required files and programs together with the translation in one big installer package, to install and configurate everything you need.Installation
You have to extract the downloaded archives into the Freespace2-Folder. If you using the wxlauncher, you have to load "FreiRaum: Zwischen der Asche: Sklaven des Chaos" as the active mod. If you use another launcher, that uses folder names, you have to load "FreiRaum_BtA SoC" instead. With wxlauncher you can also activate Lightning Settings "Für BtA empfohlen" in the "Advanced Settings" tab with a click on "Copy selected preset to custom flags".Interesting linksGerman Release ThreadDevelopmentthread for my German TranslationsPage on ModDBSome impressions