Author Topic: Nebulon B Frigate WIP UPDATED June 05, 2015  (Read 106332 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Nebulon B Frigate WIP UPDATED June 05, 2015
Fantastic to have you back working with us, PHRiSCo.  Keep it up, we'll have this ship finished yet!

Offline PHRiSCo

UPDATE. :(

I apologize to all the incredible developers here that are trying to create something awesome. I apologize to the fans of the project. I apologize to everyone who's a fan of Star Wars in general.

I've just emailed what mesh I have to CountBuggula. I'm incredibly saddened and embarrassed that I didn't complete this project over the last six years.

That's an incredible amount of time to not finish up. In that time, I've shipped multiple AAA projects, met my now wife, life changing injury, had a kid, moved across the country, etc, etc. I'd pick up interest on the Frigate from time to time, always finding new reference. I'd remodel a bunch of stuff, rebuild, retouch. I'm a perfectionist with no deadline. I'm still not happy with the state I left it in. I just remodeled most of the top section of the forward hull in line with some more recent reference I found.

Anyway, that's it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Frigate finished, and playing the mod once it's complete, the progress has been astounding! Thank you everyone for all the support and encouragement over the years. Again, I'm sorry to disappoint anyone.

Take care, good luck, and may the force be with you.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Modding takes a long time when you don't have a lot of free time.  It just does.  And this model is an incredibly detailed undertaking.  You shouldn't feel any kind of shame.  Those other things in your life are more important.  Someone is going to pick up the baton and keep going.  And they'll be pleased with how far you got.  Hope you get to enjoy the mod one day!

Offline Rolf

I've just emailed what mesh I have to CountBuggula. I'm incredibly saddened and embarrassed that I didn't complete this project over the last six years.

How did Count respond?

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I've fiddled with the model a bit already, and it's good. :yes:

I'll probably try to add more turrets, maybe a small fighter-size bay if it can comfortably be done and/or retractable docking tubes to the main strut, and do whatever else minor tweaks might be necessary. I might unwrap it too, but that's a big undertaking in itself so I don't want to give any estimates to when that might get done. And while I'm pretty confident I could do a passable job at texturing it after that, that's a huge task too so I don't want to promise anything. :nervous:

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I've fiddled with the model a bit already, and it's good. :yes:

I'll probably try to add more turrets, maybe a small fighter-size bay if it can comfortably be done and/or retractable docking tubes to the main strut, and do whatever else minor tweaks might be necessary. I might unwrap it too, but that's a big undertaking in itself so I don't want to give any estimates to when that might get done. And while I'm pretty confident I could do a passable job at texturing it after that, that's a huge task too so I don't want to promise anything. :nervous:

Yep.  If any other talent wants to step up to the plate and give the UV/texturing job a go, please let us know.  Zookeeper has enough to do as is.

Has anyone offered to UV map it? If not, I'll give it a go.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Gorgeously amazing. Is this part of the so-called New Republic Starfleet of the new canon in the Star Wars Universe?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Gorgeously amazing. Is this part of the so-called New Republic Starfleet of the new canon in the Star Wars Universe?

Wat. No. :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

It's the flippin' medical frigate Bryan. You know the one that was introduced back in episode V ?

Even if you haven't seen the old SW movies, you should have noticed that this thread got started before anyone was thinking about making a new trilogy ...

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Has anyone offered to UV map it? If not, I'll give it a go.

Sure, but I've already done some small fix-ups on the model and there's a few other things that need to be resolved/decided first (on at least one of which I'm waiting for a reply from PHRiSCo), so I wouldn't start on that just yet.

Man that is a nice looking Nebulon you've been working on. Since allot of the EU is non canon now will you be making a Neb-B2?