Author Topic: New Website!  (Read 5912 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
As we ramp up during our final stretch towards a first public release, I'm excited to announce the launch of our new web portal, where we will be adding additional media and information, as well as our central point for news and announcements. Some exciting new features that will be added in the near future include video, in-game screenshots, a ship database, and eventually mod download links. There's already a decent amount of information here as well, so feel free to peruse our content and leave feedback.  Thanks again for all the support we get from the community, and May the Fourth be with you, always.

That's good news.
And I like the new website already. :)
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
It is always good to hear news about this game.

We entered the final path, good luck guys :p

Fantastic news! Love the new site. Getting hyped again! :cool:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Congrats! It looks great!

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I've posted a new article and we have lots of new content to play with!  Go take a look!

EPIC. I love it. Especially the ship database. :yes:

EDIT: Some of the craft description specs are a bit off, and it would be good to have categories for speed, acceleration and shields (separate from armor). Other than that, outstanding work! :pimp:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:36:22 pm by Vector Leader »
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah, we'll be continually updating and improving the database and adding more stats as we're able.

What specs are off?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
And also, off compared to what?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Some off the meshes still have parts of LODs (or possibly duplicates of certain parts of the LOD0 mesh) attached to them, thus the reason for the dark colored flickering on some parts of the ships.
Probably an over-sight that occurred during the mesh export.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Some off the meshes still have parts of LODs (or possibly duplicates of certain parts of the LOD0 mesh) attached to them, thus the reason for the dark colored flickering on some parts of the ships.
Probably an over-sight that occurred during the mesh export.

Actually those are 100% due to the render plugin we're using on the website - in game they look fine.  We're trying to switch to a different plugin that works better (and has some support for things like glowmaps that currently aren't showing at all) but it's turning out to be more work than we anticipated so we decided to launch the database with what we had as it's at least a whole lot better than nothing.  If/when we're able to implement the new renderer, we'll be sure to announce the change.

Offline Dain

Have to say, seeing the shipset laid out like that is tremendously exciting. Hopefully lots of potential for fanmade missions compared to say, Diaspora (As much as I love Diaspora, I think the universe limits the number of stories that can be told/scenarios that can happen).

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Hopefully lots of potential for fanmade missions compared to say, Diaspora (As much as I love Diaspora, I think the universe limits the number of stories that can be told/scenarios that can happen).

Already planning to port my Star Wars mod's campaign to FotG when it's released.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Well if you do decide to change it I'd just use a simple animated web image that rotates 360.. sure, you don't have the option to zoom in but it would load faster.

Rotating web images are so 90's though!  :p

We fully support the community building their own content after release and look forward to seeing what you all do with it!  You don't have to wait though - there's still plenty of ways to contribute now.  Wookieejedi in particular has approached us about assisting with official missions and we're reviewing things to see if there's something he can help with.  Check the sticky for positions open, and if there's something you think you can do that's not listed there, let us know and we'll be happy to talk to you about it!

Offline benklop

The new rendering engine for the shipdb will be based on webgl and provide quite a few more options; I think it'll be a big upgrade and a lot better than a gif! I just need to find some time to finish implementing the thing.

By the way, hello! I'm the guy who hosts and has been building the website. CountBuggula has been placing the content in it, aside from the shipdb which I imported from actual game data.

If there are any comments or concerns about the website's formatting, the theming, or site functionality I'd love to hear it. Others probably are better for the actual content itself though.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:51:55 pm by benklop »

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
So just wondering does the R-41 exist in FOTG? I searched the website database but it doesn't appear.
Was it ever finished? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=48715.msg988439#msg988439
Nope.

We don't have ugly ships. :D