Author Topic: Hey, Magic. I came across this and found it rather interesting.......  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Ma.Din

Hey, Magic. I came across this and found it rather interesting.......
http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=2223.0

Guess he didn't like playing with others.....
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Offline magic

Re: Hey, Magic. I came across this and found it rather interesting.......
Yes, nice two models, a little "over - polyed" on some unimportant places for the game like this.
In the end he did nothing.

Nothing is as easy as it seems on the first look.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:31:53 am by magic »

Offline luxebo

Sean Lang developed that ages ago. I don't believe he follows along with MCO/MC2X though, so most of the time he goes along with MWO (Mechwarrior Online).

Offline magic

Thank you luxebo, no disrespect to the man, he did a lot of things for Mech Commander in general.

This topic seems to be from not so long ago...

What I want to say is that its not that easy to add mech to MC2. And totally impossible to add mech to MC.
When someone tries and sees how much work must be done to add a single new mech model to MC2, the result usually end in abandoning.

Offline luxebo

Didn't quite noticed that you posted earlier, though yeah I agree, he has done quite some stuff (esp with the Hunchie, such a great model!) and it is a lot of work. I believe someone ripped MC2 models however from MWO so it may as well be possible to solve mech model issues faster.  :) (of course give copyright/credit to PGI)

NOTHING.... NOTHING IS OVERPOLY :)

Think of the future. By the way MechWarrior Online has weird models, besides it has 10-20 mech alltogether, not much by any standards.
By the way, someone could perhaps get models from MW Living Legends, since the game is well free more or less, non-commercial and not being developed anymore.

Best regards,

Ulric

NOTHING.... NOTHING IS OVERPOLY :)

Think of the future. By the way MechWarrior Online has weird models, besides it has 10-20 mech alltogether, not much by any standards.
By the way, someone could perhaps get models from MW Living Legends, since the game is well free more or less, non-commercial and not being developed anymore.

Best regards,

Ulric

Hate to say this, but from what I understand, the source code to MWLL has been made inaccessible; I could be wrong.
Anyway, I don't think the detail level of the models could be handled by MCO's current engine.

Ive also checked, its N/A as you have pointed. But since the team can be reached on the official forums its worth a shot.

Best regards,

Ulric