Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 176274 times)

Offline Yogert

I know this may not be the place for this, but this problem has been rather annoying lately. Ever since I updated my ATI Catalyst drivers to 5.7, a couple games have had weird graphical problems (including Freespace 2 and Battlefield 2). It'll be fine for a few minutes when I start the game, but then textures start going missing, turning translucent green (only saw that on the Triton), or just turning into a box of multi-colors (explosions).

Again, help would be greatly appreciated.
"Who joins the army to be a Euphonium player?!"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think you should ask in the SCP forum about this one.

Details of your system, whether you run in D3D or OGL, and what command lines your using would be useful too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I am at the mission where
Spoiler:
The second Terran-Vasudan war erupts

How much more is left?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Only a few more missions, from that point...
Spoiler:
...the Fabric of the Universe sort of disitegrates as the Climax approaches...

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I just finished the campaign.

Fantastic....best play I have had in a long, long time.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Finished it: Sync was far better. Let this be enough as a review. The whole story is too stuffed to be believable.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

GET 'IM!!!
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
GET 'IM!!!

Delta 3: Affirmative! Now engaging your target!

Delta 3 was killed in a collision with Topace

Topace was killed in a collision with Delta 3
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Um, small problem with the Sage in mission 3, it shows up as a Ulysses. Any help?

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by RangerKarl
Um, small problem with the Sage in mission 3, it shows up as a Ulysses. Any help?

Are you running it with the -mod commandline?

Yes I am.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
From my FAQ

I'm playing a mission but instead of the ship I'm expecting I just get a Ulysses fighter.

This is the result of installing a mod that alters the ships table. Although it can occur for any missing ship it is most noticable when the affected ship is supposed to be a giant capship. The game goes to the ships table expecting to find a certain type of ship but can't find it cause the mod has replaced or removed that ship from the ships.tbl. When FS2 can't find a ship on the table it replaces it with the first ship on the table which in most cases is a Ulysses.
Fortunately the ships.tbl merely tells the game where to look for a ship so the ship hasn't actually been deleted Curing the problem requires that you find the mod causing the problem and renaming/moving it.
Go into your Freespace2\data\tables directory and check for a file called ships.tbl. If it exists rename it file to something like disabled-ships.tbl
If that doesn't solve your problem or you find no file by that name (It may be hiding else where in your Freespace 2 folder) your problem is most likely a rogue .vp file.

The Official .vp files have the following names

* root_fs2.vp
    * sparky_fs2.vp
    * sparky_hi_fs2.vp
    * stu_fs2.vp
    * tango1_fs2.vp
    * tango2_fs2.vp
    * tango3_fs2.vp
    * smarty_fs2.vp
    * warble_fs2.vp

You may not have them all but if you have any .vp files other than these in your FS2 folder (Except ones that start with mv_ )  it is likely that this is the cause of your problem. Try renaming the extra .vp files to .vpDisabled or something similar or simply move them out of your FS2 folder (or into a new subfolder)

That will solve your problem but it won't stop it from reoccurring next time you install a mod. It also means that the mod that caused the problem will stop working properly. The problem is that you didn't install the mod correctly in the first place.

Alright, fixed it. Appears there was a tbl hanging around in my player folder for some reason O_o. Pretty good campaign, very mysterious and spooky.

Offline kie-san

I've gotten pretty far in the campaign, just we learn that the 2nd pirate base isnt' in the nebula anymore. When it tried loading the next mission, I get an error. I'm not sure what is causing it but it happens when I load Transcend and hit the continue campaign room/button.

Error: Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-event-true-delay "trans1" 13 )
   ( set-ship-position
      "Nothing"
   )
   ( set-ship-facing-object
      "Nothing"
      "Kappa 1"
   )
   ( clear-goals "Nothing" )
   ( add-goal
      "Nothing"
      ( ai-play-dead 89 )
   )
   ( ship-vanish "Gone" )
   ( fade-out )
)
(Error appears to be: fade-out)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Someone is playing on an old build despite repeated warnings not to.

Offline kie-san

Heres the error I get just after hitting run with the build, plus on the menus, I see 2 cursors and a cursor appears during loading then I CTD just as it finishes loading

Error: weapons.tbl(603):
Error: Required token = [@Laser Color:], found [@Laser Glow:                           2_lasergl]
in weapon: @Galatea Laser.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 531
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:44:03 pm by 2928 »

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Originally posted by kie-san
Heres the error I get just after hitting run with the build, plus on the menus, I see 2 cursors and a cursor appears during loading then I CTD just as it finishes loading

Error: weapons.tbl(603):
Error: Required token = [@Laser Color:], found [@Laser Glow:                           2_lasergl]
in weapon: @Galatea Laser.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 531
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

Go here  and download this build. I use this and have no problems running Transcend or any other campaign. That should solve your problems, like Kara said, it looks like your using an older build.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Check the cut and paste from my FAQ a few posts up. You've most likely got a rogue table there as I doubt Ransom would have released the campaign with a table error like that in it.

Offline kie-san

Hmm...I was using the build posted on the 1st page of this thread. Thanks though!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That build recognises the Fade SEXP. You may have had that build installed but I'd be surprised if you had actually picked it in the launcher at the time you got that error.