Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 308029 times)

Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
I finished Macross Delta. Is it me or did they rush the ending? Loads of open plot points and characters with lacking development.

Yep. It felt unusually limp compared to its predecessors, even 7. It felt like they were too afraid to take real risks in its story and paradoxically took on the biggest risk of all; being a boring action show.

I have heard that there was some sort of conflict between the show's producers and Kawamori that lead to Delta going in a different direction than originally intended, though I don't know the details.

I agree though, the ending was terrible. And not terrible as in "I don't like what happened in the ending", terrible as in "Did you actually resolve anything?"
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Beyond the Boundary

It's probably for girls but whatever I enjoyed it.  Characters are likable, good humor, well animated and I didn't see some of the plot points coming.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Been watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, loving it so far. Most scifi shows don't really put this much thought into fleet formations and movements.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Been watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, loving it so far. Most scifi shows don't really put this much thought into fleet formations and movements.

Dat use of classical music...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

I'm a huge Gundam nerd, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime of all time.

Also, looks like Naruto's final attack made use of Newtype abilities.  It's like how Kamille defeated Scirocco, or how Banagher lifted the Nahel Argama and Garancieres into orbit.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Watching After War Gundam X. It's okay. That is all.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Keijo!!!!!!!!

For the plot obviously.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Oh and

Mob Psycho 100

Offline Turambar

Captain Sideburns is an awesome dude.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just finished One Punch Man.  Dat finale, unf.

When you put together the sheer scope and the ridiculous level of quality, I would genuinely rank Legend of the Galactic Heroes as the most ambitious animated project of all time.  By some minor miracle both the anime and its original source novels have been licensed in the US.  I already have my grubby little paws on the first three novels, and the anime is a day-one purchase, because I never thought I'd see the day.

Captain Sideburns is an awesome dude.

I was giggling when the MC was threatening the Vultures with his Mobile Suit's 'secret weapon' and how Jamil was freaking out. Even tho the MC was bluffing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:22:15 am by Mammothtank »

Keijo!!!!!!!!

For the plot obviously.

The anime has skipped THIRTY-FIVE chapters setting up character motivations and other cool stuff.
A story like the previous one never existed...

I started ZZ. I like my serious Gundam but I like my slapstick comedy. Also I'm almost to the end of the Shangra-la arc. Allot of this feels like it could've been skipped.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Haikyuu, season 03.

GO.

WATCH.

IT.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I started ZZ. I like my serious Gundam but I like my slapstick comedy. Also I'm almost to the end of the Shangra-la arc. Allot of this feels like it could've been skipped.

ZZ is definitely a show you have to like for the characters rather than the story. Personally I like it for the villains; Haman Kharn is the only villain in UC Gundam who seems to have actually thought her plan through and many of her supporting cast are great in their own way. I'm not in love with Judau but on the good guy side I actually like most of the girls.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

Haman Karn is trying to run Zeon and all she has is a bunch of crazy asteroid belt people and some insane brainwashed cyber-newtypes.

Mashymre is one, and Gotton is his handler.  Chara is another.

Offline Luis Dias

Just finished One Punch Man.  Dat finale, unf.

When you put together the sheer scope and the ridiculous level of quality, I would genuinely rank Legend of the Galactic Heroes as the most ambitious animated project of all time.  By some minor miracle both the anime and its original source novels have been licensed in the US.  I already have my grubby little paws on the first three novels, and the anime is a day-one purchase, because I never thought I'd see the day.

I have to thank you guys for referencing this. I had no idea this existed. It's really good.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Mashymre is one, and Gotton is his handler.  Chara is another.

Mashmyre is great. He thinks he's in a romance and you get to see him wake up to the fact he's in a war story. It's glorious ugliness.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

I have to thank you guys for referencing this. I had no idea this existed. It's really good.

Few things please me more than getting more people to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes