Author Topic: THIS is what a space flight sim should be  (Read 2872 times)

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
THIS is what a space flight sim should be
I just finished the campaign you guys made.  Now I wish I had done that sooner, but at the end I need MOAR.

It's truly a joy to fly, and it's exactly the sort of stuff I want with combat space sims.  I've flown some in elite dangerous, but it's hard to control drifting there (they say it's for balance reasons), but the vipers here fly like a dream.  I admit, though, I may suck a bit at flying, and just can't seem to manage to kill all the heavy raiders, and that perfect three point landing I once made when approaching the flight pod nearly straight down is a fluke I have been unable to duplicate.

So Kudos to the team.

A short question, though: where am I supposed to land on the Prometheus?  I hit made it to the deck almost hitting the aft bulkhead only to watch it jump out around me.  The mission ended shortly after that.  I don't think any other civvies made it out since I suck at defense (a note: damn it's hard to manage bomb targeting, there's just so damn many and most of them get intercepted by the flack clouds anyways)
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: THIS is what a space flight sim should be
Do you have patches 1.1 and 1.1.1 installed? The Prometheus thing is supposed to have been fixed in those patches. Which cutscene did you get at the end? It should have been the welcome to the fleet one.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

I just finished the campaign you guys made.  Now I wish I had done that sooner, but at the end I need MOAR.

We're working on that. In fact I've got the mission designer open as I type this. :D Might be quite a while before anything new is finished though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Huh, you know, in my haste, I might have forgotten to install those.  I know I downloaded them at least.  I got the vipers flying away discussing vacation plans cutscene.

We're working on that. In fact I've got the mission designer open as I type this. :D Might be quite a while before anything new is finished though.
[/quote]*Froths at the mouth*
That's the problem with fan projects, it takes ages to finish stuff because you never have enough people or free time.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Echelon9

Thanks for the feedback. Always great to hear from appreciating fans.