Author Topic: Windows XP - Debug only?  (Read 1600 times)

Windows XP - Debug only?
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything specifically relating to this issue.

I am running Windows XP, and Diaspora release will not play.  I just get a pop up window "Freespace 2 Open has encountered a problem and needs to close etc".  However, the debug version of Diaspora runs fine.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Re: Windows XP - Debug only?
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post. Even if the debug build is still working, it might have useful information on what's causing the crash.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Log file enclosed

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Your video card drivers may be out of date - can you update them?  Wikipedia tells me that the GeForce 6 series should support OpenGL 2.0, but your drivers are only reporting 1.5.3.

Code: [Select]
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1024x768 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer  : GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
  OpenGL Version   : 1.5.3
  OpenGL Shading Language version 1.00 NVIDIA via Cg 1.3 compiler is not sufficient to use GLSL mode in FSO. Defaulting to fixed-function renderer.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I've updated the drivers and this seems to have done the trick!  Thank you very much, your help is greatly appreciated!  :)