Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452798 times)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
Here's some spoilerish eyecandy. Notice the glow the explosion casts upon the Soyakaze:

*snip*

Cool.  That mission is awesome, but the Hades REALLY needs an HTLing.  It was great in ST:R, but it really kinda looks  :ick:
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How the heck do you have 99% hull integrity still?  I've piloted an Ursus for that mission and my hull integrity was no where near that high.
Probably playing on Insanely Easy.

How the heck do you have 99% hull integrity still?  I've piloted an Ursus for that mission and my hull integrity was no where near that high.

Most likely.  I played through the campaign on medium in case your wondering.

Aurora Paradox
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Alpha Star
Star Colonel

Offline eliex

Or got a friendly fighter collision at the start of the mission before activating the invulnerability cheat.  :P

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I get that all the time on A Flaming Sword.

"OI! Watch it, Alpha 2!"
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

The opening cutscene crashes the game.  It's fine if you ESC through it, though.  Kind of annoying; it stops right at "Vasudans were killed too, they slaughtered everyone!"  Ah well. 

Edit:  ARGH!  I got the Hades, but then decided to investigate the derelict.  Why does it have an invisible force field in the hole to crash into and die?  WHY?   :hopping:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:06:06 pm by Renegade Paladin »
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Narvi

The opening cutscene crashes the game.  It's fine if you ESC through it, though.  Kind of annoying; it stops right at "Vasudans were killed too, they slaughtered everyone!"  Ah well. 

Edit:  ARGH!  I got the Hades, but then decided to investigate the derelict.  Why does it have an invisible force field in the hole to crash into and die?  WHY?   :hopping:

...the game doesn't crash for you that far out?

No.  I flew all 40,000 some odd meters to it, and the only crash was the one where I hit that damnable force field.   :p
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
That shouldn't happen. I've flown right through that hole before.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
That hole is a bit glitchy. You can get through it if you're lucky, but some parts of it which look clear actually have invisible barriers, while others are clear.

It took me a while to get through it without getting stuck against a barrier...I dunno how you did it so easy Antares.
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Yes, I discovered that to my dismay.  I survived the crash with the invisible barrier across the far side of the hole, but when I turned around to go back the way I came, I assumed that since I had just been there it was clear, and hit my afterburners.  But no, another one popped up behind me. 

Incidentally, the PVD Hope's "over 9,000" officers and crew.  Coincidence, or another Easter egg?   :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Incidentally, the PVD Hope's "over 9,000" officers and crew.  Coincidence, or another Easter egg?   :p
Easter egg.  Good catch. :D

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars

Wazzadat' forcefield stuff?
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Incidentally, the PVD Hope's "over 9,000" officers and crew.  Coincidence, or another Easter egg?   :p
Easter egg.  Good catch. :D
:confused:

Offline Vip

Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh no. Not THAT meme... :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

This is probably going to sound like a noob question, but where do the files goto? i created a new directory for them and selected it as the mod in the launcher, but when i launch the campaign, it just plays through the normal FS2 campaign missions

some help?  :confused:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Do you have Freespace Port 3.1.1 installed?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
First page of this thread, bottom of the first post - there's a guide on what to do. Follow it step by step modifying or skipping nothing and it should work.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities