Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Modding Tutorials / Re: A complete FS ship tutorial -- EXTREMELY IMAGE HEAVY
« Last post by Neptune on August 17, 2017, 08:51:39 pm »
This tutorial is absolutely amazing. It's what I used to create my first ship from start to finish and a handy reference guide for those times when you've gotta open the Blendernomicon - so thank you so much to everyone involved.

However, (most) of the images are dead because of photobucket. Kinda difficult to use it because of that.

I'm not sure if anyone has the tutorial saved, but if so, would they consider uploading them to a different host, such as Imgur? I'd like to refer this to somebody and it's difficult for them to follow it in its current state.
What kind of bugs are being fixed here?  Are they table errors, mission/FRED errors, model errors, something else?  Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find many specifics.  Depending on what is being fixed, I might be able to help.
Has the SVN ever been set up?  I can probably unpack the ISO + Zathras, upload it and then whatever changes have been made can be integrated.
The Modding Workshop / Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
« Last post by wookieejedi on August 17, 2017, 02:20:40 pm »
Those look fantastic!
The Modding Workshop / Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
« Last post by UndyingNephalim on August 17, 2017, 01:21:43 pm »
Well, I've started remodeling the characters for the umpteenth time:

renders: Show

Fate of the Galaxy / Re: SW:ESB-Revisited Released Today
« Last post by On_Your_Six on August 17, 2017, 12:09:35 pm »
I own the Art of A New Hope book, nice to see they have them all in one volume finally.  Might pick one up myself.

https://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-Art-Ralph-McQuarrie/dp/1419717936
The FRED Workshop / Re: A Knossos dilemma
« Last post by xenocartographer on August 17, 2017, 10:54:27 am »
Well, I guess there's still the problem of how they get through the node if the portal is supposed to be inactive.

You could say that the node is stable enough that very small craft can traverse it in small numbers. Upon finding the node, the Apocalypse sends an Anubis or Isis through to scout... and then the node suddenly stabilizes, as the scout finds the portal and accidentally activates it. This also helps makes the crew look "competent and forward-thinking".

Retail implies that the Ancients and Vasudans had peaceful contact in their history, and if you want to, you could even tie this into that. If the portal's subspace signature resembles that of a Vasudan jump drive, then the debrief could speculate that the scout's transit is what caused the node to reactivate. That answers the "no Shivans" question nicely - they could send a fighter or two through, and maybe have in the past, but there's no benefit to doing so, so they don't any more.
Fate of the Galaxy / Re: SW:ESB-Revisited Released Today
« Last post by chief1983 on August 17, 2017, 09:47:41 am »
I love McQuarrie concept art...anybody else?  If there's a big collection of it somewhere that can be grabbed all at once that'd be pretty neat, just saying.

Although, the first McQuarrie art I ever saw was his stuff for Star Trek.
The FRED Workshop / Re: A Knossos dilemma
« Last post by Kestrellius on August 17, 2017, 08:35:32 am »
If you choose option 1, you could also have the battlegroup scan the unknown node for stability on the way into the first node to make sure that it is usable.  They then detect a highly unusual and almost completely unstable signature. It is stable along a regular pattern or something, almost as if it is artificial.

The arrival of a large shivan fleet forces them through against their better judgement, and if you give them about 90 seconds to scan and discuss the node and their options on the other side, then they can connect destroying the knossos with the unusual subspace signature and decide to attack the node - not necessarily even kill it. "Because of its low stability, maybe we can collapse the subspace pathway by damaging the artificial node structure."  Or something along those lines.

You could even have pieces of the knossos missing or damaged already to make low stability and attack more plausible.

Oh, that's a good idea. Especially since part of the catalyst for the next section of the plot is that the people living in the next system, which is only accessible via two Knossos'd nodes, have been having a war, and the other one is on the verge of destruction when the battlegroup arrives...

Well, I guess there's still the problem of how they get through the node if the portal is supposed to be inactive.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: Messages.tbl Query
« Last post by xenocartographer on August 17, 2017, 06:34:49 am »
Simms' "Target down!" is also a self-praise message, and I think there are a few others in WiH.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >