Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 86851 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

I think you can see I haven't actually changed any of the 'primary' lines at all, except for maybe the one running across the bottom.

When you get down to it, the Deimos really isn't a blocky ship. There are many smooth lines going on there.
Exactly.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:21:44 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I believe Hades mentioned more greebles later as well. Hold out people XD

There really isn't even a whole ship here to judge yet.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
This Deimos is looking fantastic. I have no idea what the others are so upset about.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I think you can see I haven't actually changed any of the 'primary' lines at all, except for maybe the one running across the bottom.
The bottom of the Diemos was always messed up in my opinion... But now that you mention it, I remember it being very hard to get a beed on the 'chin' engine. Hopefully, what you're doing won't have an effect.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Not unless the subsystem data is changed will its 'destroyability' be different.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That's not what I meant, sorry for not being clear. I just meant it's hard to target.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
This is getting better and better as it progresses. The smoothing is now looking much less wrong.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Not unless the subsystem data is changed will its 'destroyability' be different.
OOOOhhh... now THERE's an idea, make the entire ventral engine struts the subsystem-submodel, so they blow up completely leaving a sheared off section when its destroyed.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Please don't, we'll never be able to have a believable Deimos-disabled-and-repaired mission ever.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The existing one has external damage for the engines... we've got turrets with damaged submodels... so there is at least precedent.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The issue isn't damaged submodels, the SEXP can repair the submodel - but how do you justify an entire sheared off ventral engine section popping back into life when repairs are complete?

Offline Luis Dias

The issue isn't damaged submodels, the SEXP can repair the submodel - but how do you justify an entire sheared off ventral engine section popping back into life when repairs are complete?

....nanobots?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Sparkle Magic?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
<insert technobabble here>
el hombre vicio...

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?

Easily. First, the Terrans activate an electron-matter ionizer by plugging into the damaged subsystem's Mjolnir socket. Several small charging tubes are assembled and placed near the broken or missing hull. The nanites are delivered via several gerbils that go through the tubes. The nanites then canabalize the gerbils, using their atoms as the building blocks for new matter. Using several low-level atomizers combined with a few high-level ion synchronizers, matter can be rearranged into different densities and new matter can be formed. Prior to the matter being finished, it usually remains in an invisible gaseous state until the point of completion, in which the newly made matter snaps suddenly into existance. This must be countered by using several magnetron emitters, and as such they are usually fired up prior to activation sequence. The whole device fits in a pen.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It'd certainly make that Deimos-minefield mission in Derelict look even more amusing than it is now. :p

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Easily. First, the Terrans activate an electron-matter ionizer by plugging into the damaged subsystem's Mjolnir socket. Several small charging tubes are assembled and placed near the broken or missing hull. The nanites are delivered via several gerbils that go through the tubes. The nanites then canabalize the gerbils, using their atoms as the building blocks for new matter. Using several low-level atomizers combined with a few high-level ion synchronizers, matter can be rearranged into different densities and new matter can be formed. Prior to the matter being finished, it usually remains in an invisible gaseous state until the point of completion, in which the newly made matter snaps suddenly into existance. This must be countered by using several magnetron emitters, and as such they are usually fired up prior to activation sequence. The whole device fits in a pen.
Awesome dude! :cool:

It'd still be hard to target ( at least for me ) though. Maybe I just suck at FS. :nervous:

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
When you say target do you mean a by-reticle aquirement (V-key) or trying to hit it within its exposed area?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Trying to hit it...