Author Topic: New Xwing style game  (Read 2315 times)

New Xwing style game
There is a new game coming out. Currently early access but they do have a demo on Steam

http://alpha-beta-gamer.tumblr.com/post/163105532046/starway-fleet-is-an-easily-accessible-x-wing-esque

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
thanks for the heads-up!  I'll check it out this weekend.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Very cool, thanks for the info! Will be trying the demo soon.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Interesting, though the no briefings aspect kinda worries me.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
At least it's something besides the seemingly-endless parade of massive open-world space games.  Give me a tightly-focused experience any day of the week.

Offline Mikes

At least it's something besides the seemingly-endless parade of massive open-world space games.  Give me a tightly-focused experience any day of the week.

True ... but "no boring cutscenes and pre-mission briefings" sounds a wee bit much like "we have no clue how to write an engaging story so meh we gonna say something derogatory and sell it as a feature" to me.  :rolleyes:

Well, gonna see.

Yeah, and as anyone who's ever tried to extend Freespace's combat model at all knows, a good briefing is critical to keeping players oriented with regards to mechanics. Still, maybe it just means we'll get really good wingmate chatter...?

Offline Darius

I got the impression (from my 5 second browse of the site) that it will be an "instant action" style of game where you're dropped in with a bunch of ships.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The game's called Starway Fleet: Steam Discussion  |  Steam Store  |  Developer blog here (with gameplay videos) -- this looks sweet!

Sidenote: Alpha-Beta Gamer needs a new site layout, my eyes haven't suffered that much since the late 90's - early 2000's   :eek:

It looks pretty good, if a little shallow. But at least it's cheap and isn't a damned roguelite.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
It has potential but the non fixed target reticle is a pain with a joystick and there is no radar or manual targeting selection.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
It has potential but the non fixed target reticle is a pain with a joystick and there is no radar or manual targeting selection.

So basically it's a old Xbox Arcade flight shooter.... bleh
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod