Author Topic: Is SA dead?  (Read 40484 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I heard someone say that it was, is that true?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Life support.

Sesq's rather in-and-out of late, ditto GalEmp, but things are getting done regardless.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well,I think it's dead.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're not on the staff.

Offline Nuclear1

Well,I think it's dead.

Major campaigns not having a spurt of activity for a while does not mean they're dead. Every single campaign with a forum and has not shown screenies for a period of time, I swear to God, gets these same old "Is it dead??" posts. Rather irritating, especially for the staff.

A big campaign demands a lot of work, and people do have Real Life and other projects to attend to as well.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
We need to clone some workers.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
A big campaign demands a lot of work, and people do have Real Life and other projects to attend to as well.
Very true.

Here's a counter point. When these projects announce themsleves and release hype about what they are going to do, they get people exited. That brings the project the attention they wanted. But if the project doesn't continiue to feed hype and eyecandy to its subjects, they will get agitated. Its a waiting game for the fans. Not knowing what is going on with something you're eagerly expecting can be difficult to bear.

I see three solutions:

1. Shut up about your revolutionary campaing. Work in a dark, damp cellar and be pleased that no annoyin fanbois are rattling your cage.
2. Be that attention whore. Shower your loyal subjects with screens and vids. Make them drool so much they have to consume 10 liters of water in a day if the wish to stay alive.
3. Do both, but be prepared occasionally reassure your fans that you are still on the saddle.

You know... I think the two things are equal. Whining "Is it dead?", and an arrogant "It's done when it's done". Respect goes both ways.
It's not like the Goa'uld could reign without the Jaffa... Right?

DISCLAIMER: I dont mean anything by this post. I just stumbled upon an active discussion about dying and wrote something I already forgot.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You're not on the staff.

I am.

I'm seriously having doubts about SA's status at the moment. Sesq and GE have disappeared, Phreak doesn't seem to be checking the forum anymore. I could, I suppose, technically just do the whole thing on my own, but it would not be the campaign it was meant to be, both in terms of Sesq's vision and it being much more no-frills.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
GE always disappears over the summer.  I'm sure he'll be back as a regular in the fall.

As for Sesq, that's less certain.  IIRC he said he'd be done with his thesis at the end of July (or maybe August).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You're not on the staff.

I need to be in the staff?
I posted here because this subforum,for over a month,no one said "No it isn't".
That's strange to me.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline neoterran

probably not a good idea to argue with goober...
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I need to be in the staff?

You are not on the staff, so you have no authority to say whether the campaign is dead or not.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't come here for having fights with other members, so calm down.
I've already explained it,I thinked this project was dead just because for a long period I noticed what I said before. see down here
I'd like to see some SA members posting here as say something. That's all.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
God, is SA dead? I see that the forum error a LONG time ago has halted your progress. Since then I have seen progress drop. Is anything going on in internal or is it dead? And I think that you should use some other ship other than the Warlock. I'm sick of 'if there's a Tanen, there must be a Warlock' business. :doubt:

Offline Nuclear1

GE always disappears over the summer.  I'm sure he'll be back as a regular in the fall.

As for Sesq, that's less certain.  IIRC he said he'd be done with his thesis at the end of July (or maybe August).

To answer your question, Snail, people are busy. The staff is trying to work on it, but they've got other deadlines at the moment (Sesq's thesis, Goober's ST: R). It'll get done.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Forward for the scroll!!!  :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
People are busy...
They don't have time for over a month to come here and write "we are busy" or "no,the project is dead"....
Come on....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Cthul'hu demands screenshots and trailers!!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
People are busy...
They don't have time for over a month to come here and write "we are busy" or "no,the project is dead"....
Come on....

Ngtm1r and I are both on staff, and we have both posted in this thread.  Is that not good enough for you?

This is a warning.  If you continue to be obnoxious then you'll be banned for a week.

Since you're a n00b, and may not understand why, I'll even spell it out for you.  You are doing what is generally known as trolling, or in other words, making inflammatory posts in the hopes of provoking a response.  This will not be tolerated.  If you want to be a member of this forum, you'll need to learn a little netiquette.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Err... Bunny says sorry for demanding screenshots and trailers.  :shaking: