Author Topic: Minor issues with SCP Mantis  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Yarn

Minor issues with SCP Mantis
For some time, I've known about a few small issues with the SCP Mantis that I had been neglecting to report. Here they are:
  • The clock needs to be adjusted; it's currently about 48 minutes behind the correct time.
  • The Diff and File links in the Related Changesets section of reports seem to be broken. They point to an IP address rather than a domain name, and when I try to follow them, the connection simply times out.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Minor issues with SCP Mantis
The server's time is wrong.  I don't have permissions to adjust this, nor do I personally know who to contact to adjust it.  I'll look/ask around though.

I think I've finally found a good use for my $0.99/month Atlantic VPS, I just set up WebSVN on it with a domain instead of an IP address.  Should behave a lot longer now.  If any of the other WebSVN integration isn't working now, please let me know but the links I tested seem to work fine at this point.  Won't matter once we move to Git completely though :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I would've expected it to just link to the icculus.org web interface (e.g. stuff like this), but this WebSVN's interface seems slightly more useful.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The Mantis SVN plugin doesn't have integration with ViewVC, which is the frontend on Icculus.  It is only compatible with linking to WebSVN, which I have no installed on a separate VPS.  Since it can be on one server, and remotely connect to another actual svn server elsewhere, this should work well enough for our needs.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
The server's time is wrong.  I don't have permissions to adjust this, nor do I personally know who to contact to adjust it.  I'll look/ask around though.
Code: [Select]
revposix-7707@server:~$ date
Sun Dec  7 20:51:09 EST 2014
revposix-7707@server:~$

It's currently 5:52PM pacific for me, so the server time is fine.

EDIT:

Also, it's syncing with the official ntp servers:

Code: [Select]
server 0.us.pool.ntp.org
server 1.us.pool.ntp.org
server 2.us.pool.ntp.org
server 3.us.pool.ntp.org
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not this server, the scp.indiegames.us server.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Not this server, the scp.indiegames.us server.
Ah.  That one I can't fix.  ;)
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Have you tried contacting (PM or email) Inquisitor?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not yet, haven't gotten around to it.  Is he the maintainer of the Indiegames server, or our account on it?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Neither, strictly speaking.  But he can put you in touch with the indiegames server administrator, or forward your message.

Actually, let me send you a PM with more information.

Hi! Let me know if I can assist in this matter.

Cheers,

Mr. Duckman