Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 107269 times)

Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
My first guess... too many ships.  There's a limit to the number of classes you can have.

Try using just those ships you mentioned and see if they appear.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:35:55 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Try adding those ships you mentioned to this list.  If they don't appear then there's a problem with my tables, otherwise you could be hitting some max (i don't remember exactly what it was 1?? something)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

I could have sworn it was much higher than 32  :confused:

It may be a silly question, but are you using the inferno build? If not you may be hitting the cap.
"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.  Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
-J. Robert Oppenheimer, quoting the Bhagavad Gita

When I delete 5 ships then the other 5 ships, who missing are then in the List :(
That sounds a lot like your hitting the limits.

Hey, Scooby_Doo, can you add a Kilrathi carrier to the download list?    :)

-dcwarlord

I'm going to be updating those too (newer thrusters, which I've already finished).  There's a few other things (beyond textures) I want to do to make them look less human (like cockpits)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
BTW, Scooby, did you thought about making a ship (loosely) based on this?

I'd love to see an A-10 style WC ship, with a heavy version of Stormfire on a chin mount and one heck of a missile load (you could also add a couple of lasers somewhere, so it won't be defenseless once out of ammo). It'd make a great fighter-bomber.

I've got a few jet fighters on the assembly line (f-4, f-6 i think).  I'll see what I can do with the A-10 someitme.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Dragon, have you seen this bomber? That's roughly based on the A-10 as well, though it's for the FreeSpace universe, not the Wing Commander one. I wouldn't mind seeing Scooby's take on it, too.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
While I've seen Trashman's take on A-10, I'm not too fond of it. It's nowhere as good as Scooby's models.
Also, there's an oddity in Essex textures. There are 4 blue "panels" in the bottom aft section, but only 3 in top aft section.

Fixed, I forgot to paint that one section.   Latest version is up in the list.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK, that helped.
Now I've found another issue, Athena has a couple of strange spheres on one side, but they're missing from the other.

Fixed... I must have attached them to the hull at the wrong time.

Jutlands been added to the list.  Report any bugs you find  :D

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Could you release "clean" versions of nameplates, so it'd be possible to make custom ones?

Here you go:
http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Tools/Ship_Logo_Template.psd

Mind you, all you really need to do is have a base texture and you can throw whatever text you want on it (it doesn't have to be a metal texture (it could be psychedelic) nor does the size matter as long as it's factor of 2. 

Now the great big logo needs a photoshop script to complete it.  I'll have to get that released soon.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'd just like to use the same style of metal texture as the original.
And why does it have a big "Ship's name" on it?
Anybody who doesn't have Photoshop (or, in general, uses a much simpler editing program) may have a problem with removing it.
It's possible to easly get rid of it with GIMP, but it serves no purpose in it.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK, I didn't found any bugs in Jutland yet, but I found one in Enterprise.
It has a mesh hole near the grate behind the top missile launcher (look at the top launcher from directly above the grate and you'll see).