Author Topic: Diaspora  (Read 55384 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
We welcome new members to the community all the time.  HLP is an open community and I'd like to think we do a pretty good job most of the time welcoming new members.  We expect that they follow the rules and respect other members of the community and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Someone will no doubt be along to fire up a welcome beam sometime :) (you'll know it when you see it)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Thanks my brotha! and thanks for the reception. I love the work you guys do and I'n'I knows this project has a modDB award in its future...still those viper gun cams would be sweet. had to touch on it again...
Frak.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I was thinkin of a way to beef up briefings and wondering if you could actually put in video. I just finished watching the scar ep and noticed vid feeds from the vipers actually do help on tactics. not saying it has to be recorded in real-time during missions, but between mission learning brief...pre-rendered vid. this way you actually get the experience of nugget training instead of flyin out, gettin killed and wondering why. no download city for a viper jock!
While such videos in command briefings would be very cool to have, I have doubts if we have the time to make them. I'd rather be doing full cutscenes than videos played in a small window with a horrible .ani format.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm actually quite looking forward to discussions on the series, it's a pity I joined the whole B5 craze so late because I never really got to add my opinions at the stage they were relevant at, so, yes, by all means, feel free to discuss the show, it'd be kind of odd for a Mod involving BSG not to promote discussion about the series in general.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
I was thinkin of a way to beef up briefings and wondering if you could actually put in video. I just finished watching the scar ep and noticed vid feeds from the vipers actually do help on tactics. not saying it has to be recorded in real-time during missions, but between mission learning brief...pre-rendered vid. this way you actually get the experience of nugget training instead of flyin out, gettin killed and wondering why. no download city for a viper jock!
While such videos in command briefings would be very cool to have, I have doubts if we have the time to make them. I'd rather be doing full cutscenes than videos played in a small window with a horrible .ani format.
I had thought that it was already possible to run DivX or some other video format in the CB Animation window.  I could be wrong on this but I thought that it was now possible.  In which case...use something to capture a firing sequence, use a video editor to make it look all gun camera like and voila! :)

Something fans could do later on for sure.
- IceFire

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
@a50: No offense was meant to you, and :welcomesilver:, if you've seen the BtRL board you know what I mean.

And also, I believe someone is working on coding some kind of video code for CBs. I think it may have been blowfish.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Now you see it :D
- IceFire

@a50: No offense was meant to you, and :welcomesilver:, if you've seen the BtRL board you know what I mean.

And also, I believe someone is working on coding some kind of video code for CBs. I think it may have been blowfish.
hey thanks my brotha!  :) another one of the reasons why I pointed out a video learning briefing might be good, is because it is a big part of the show...in terms of piloting. Could serve as a way on how to work with your wingmen, AI or online. So when starbuck tells you: "come on, they drilled this into you!" you know what she means. plus it could be eh... skipable 
Frak.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Freespace has excellent in-mission training capabilities, though.

this is true, and they do have the sims. but a briefing like this could also be used to help drive the story forward. say you hear a comment hotdog made... fight breaks out. later on this has an effect on him, causing him to make reckless actions in the fight. it could be a beautiful thing along with that good ol' instruction from the CAG.
Frak.

I'm still in shock at BtRL's split and the fact that it's given birth to this beautiful endeavor.  I really appreciate all of the screenshots.

My wife doesn't, however.  It seems my saliva's causing her fingers to stick to the keypad.

;)

Offline Shade

You'll get over the shock soon enough once you get to play the game :D
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
or yoiur shock willl be too great to concieve!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Someone will no doubt be along to fire up a welcome beam sometime :) (you'll know it when you see it)

My current count is 117 Welcomed Newbies ;7
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3

My current count is 117 Welcomed Newbies ;7
Excellent!  I'm sure there will be a 118 before too long :D
- IceFire

Ok, so I just now found out about Diaspora. I have to say, I've been quite confused over the past months over the lack of activity over at BTRL; I guess I missed the memo about the split. But at least I'm here now, and I've got to say I'm very excited to see the work you guys are doing. You've given me renewed hope I'll get to jump into the rendered cockpit of a Viper.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
On a slightly related note, I've been seeing/hearing the word 'diaspora' everywhere these few days ...
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok, so I just now found out about Diaspora. I have to say, I've been quite confused over the past months over the lack of activity over at BTRL; I guess I missed the memo about the split. But at least I'm here now, and I've got to say I'm very excited to see the work you guys are doing. You've given me renewed hope I'll get to jump into the rendered cockpit of a Viper.

Welcome to the HLPBB!!! :D

On a slightly related note, I've been seeing/hearing the word 'diaspora' everywhere these few days ...

I don't think so. You're surely seen it before but you didn't know it would have been so important in a FSO/BSG contest... :D

EDIT: There was a Diaspora play at my Uni's theater last week. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Someone once told me that when something happens to you, or you see something happen, you notice it a lot more in the world around you. I guess this is just one those cases.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It happens with names, too. Thanks to FS I'm paying more attention of RPG names. I found many "Rakshasa", "Ravana", etc. etc.
The Lightblue Ribbon