Author Topic: Bad review(er)s. SPLIT FROM: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?  (Read 8552 times)

Offline Cerebus

Re: Bad review(er)s. SPLIT FROM: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?
it's not letting me easily bind my mouse buttons (g700) but tonight I'm gonna have a go with a mouse and joystick setup and see what I can do. 

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I haven't been able to use the other buttons of a Logitech mouse (g500 here) without actually installing the drivers in other games, so that isn't Diaspora's fault there.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Re: Re: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?
...Shift as afterburner...
*tries to pulse afterburner in a dogfight*
*sticky keys activate*
GODAMMIT!!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
There's a way to stop that from popping up, you know. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline eps200

...Shift as afterburner...
*tries to pulse afterburner in a dogfight*
*sticky keys activate*
GODAMMIT!!
Source engine played nice for once there.
(yeah my literacy is **** please just ignore my posts if it bothers you)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
A quick Googling turns up:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/quick-tip-disable-the-sticky-and-filter-keys-in-windows/3910

Using those directions, you should be able to shut off whatever services you'll never use.  ;)

Offline ShivanSpS

About reviews ive posting about disaspora un Angry Jow facebook, but it does not seem intereseted, strange, of all the people i was hoping to him to pay attention.

We got a few negative comments from other sites too, but mostly the feedback was hugely positive with the main drawbacks being those we've started trying to fix already (poor default control config, lack of multiplayer, etc).

yes, god, default keyboard config is very bad, playing with numpad is nearly impossible, what do i use is arrows in reemplacement of 8, 2, 4, 6, and 1, 2 of the numpad for turning clock and counter clockwise. so i can move and turn with one hand (i use the small finger for 1,2). Them use WASD for leteral movement, move acceleration to Q, and put glide somewhere else...
This is also good for joystick because joystick reemplaces all controls for the right hand easily.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:31:13 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Problem is a lot of people play with the keyboard and are damned good at it... unless you're left handed. xD

Offline ShivanSpS

Ive played all my life with keyboard, for a normal FS2, reeplacing the 8, 2, 4, 6 for the arrows and set the 1, 2 of the numpad for turning clock and counter clockwise always did the trick.

Now with the add of lateral movement i need to add it in my other hand, so WASD(it ends up being VERY similar to the X3: Terran conflict keyboard control for ship movement), that means moving other controls, move acceleration to Q, and put glide somewhere else... Shift?

That at my stimation its the best keyboard map possible.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:32:37 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The numpad control fig was patched out in 1.02, the new default is a modified WSAD since keyboards without numpads led to errors during training 1.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I am prior military and it felt like I was in detail briefs and post-mission debriefs, so rest easy, voice actors, you succeeded. That guy can suckit.