Author Topic: diaspora muti player problem  (Read 1693 times)

Offline pfcdre

diaspora muti player problem
hi all, firstly thankyou to the Devs for a superb game, its an amazing job done, I hope someone may be able to help with the multiplayer aspect. My brother and I love to play coop games together especially flight sims, I have followed the instructions and my bro can join my game, but we can only dogfight one on one, I have downloaded various multiplayer missions and put them in the c:\games\diaspora\missions folder but when I am in multiplayer setting up the game the only thing I see is tvt and dogfight. I am obviously doing something wrong, I have trawled through the various posts but nothing actually explains a noobs step by step on how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: diaspora muti player problem
You're probably not seeing any coop missions simply cause the game didn't ship with any. Making a good coop is several orders of magnitude harder than a TvT or Dogfight (I could make one of those in under an hour, probably in under 10 minutes for some dogfight missions). Unless you managed to find a 3rd party coop mission, you're not going to see anything.

The good news however is that I literally started work on converting the singleplayer campaign to multiplayer today. The main issues are going to be solving the combat landings, tube launches, and adding extra enemies to make multiplayer coop enough of a challenge. I can't say how long it's going to take me to get things done but once I've figured out how to do the first mission, the rest should get easier.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pfcdre

hi thanks for the reply I have downloaded 3rd part coop missions from your sticky and have placed them in the missions folder I have seen that people are playing coop missions I just need instruction on procedure to run these missions in multiplayer, from searching the forum I see that its able to fight against ai ships but we cant seem to do that either, any help would be great thanks

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Download the mission, extract the mission using 7zip/winzip ,etc, if you need to. Stick the .fs2 mission in Diaspora/Data/Missions. 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pfcdre

thanks for the help Karajorma, still not seeing the missions from within the multiplayer setup screen, guess im doing something wrong but cant sort it, cheers