Author Topic: Thrustmaster T.16000m enhancements  (Read 2120 times)

Thrustmaster T.16000m enhancements
Hello,

First, congratulations on making this awesome game :). Now to business, I have the above mentioned joy and I did some tricks that helped me a lot and I think there would be people who would benefit these. So, at first I found it unplayable with the joy, couldn't aim properly, I would keep bouncing my reticule all over the target but couldn't shoot it properly, so I said what if I try T.A.R.G.E.T. to change the linear response of the joy. And it worked, marvelously.

So, install T.A.R.G.E.T. and read a bit form it's manual, then proceed to create a new profile and tweak the curves (start from page 6 of the manual and read on, it is really simple). Personally I found that setting the curve parameter for the X and Y axis to 4 and for the Z rot (Yaw) to 3 works just fine, basically the higher the number the better the precision near the center of the joy, so this sets a finer precision zone near the center of the joy and a rapid response zone for the outer movement and this is what I wanted, precision for aiming but retain the fast movement for turning.

As a side note, when using T.A.R.G.E.T. , the game does not recognize the HAT anymore nor the throttle slider. This is also fixable from the profile. For the throttle it's easy, it needs to be set from DX_SLIDER_AXIS to DX_Z_AXIS, on the menu were you tweak the curves (page 13 in the manual, top left side of the screen).

For the HAT it's a bit more work,  it can be found on page 20 of the manual and in the profile it's the next menu after tweaking the curves. So, on the 3D model on the left, each button is selectable, including the four directions of the HAT. They need to be  dragged were it says Drag&Drop in the top middle part of the menu and then given a name like say "Hat Up" in Event Name then click on Virtual Keyboard and select from the bottom virtual HAT, the corresponding arrow (Up for Hat Up and so on). Then Type needs to be set to Hold from the drop-down list and just click add event. Repeat for the other three directions (right, down, left) and that's it.

Hope this helps ppl  and it really made a difference for me, I can really hear the rain now as it were :)