Author Topic: Campain: The Black Hand  (Read 10912 times)

Offline Cavane

Just played through them all, and I experienced no problems.  I'm enjoying the plot quite a bit and looking forward to full campaign.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
After a small break I've started Freding again...
progress is good so far...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: Campain: The Black Hand
- just a change to an old link - noithing up-to-date
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:22:42 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

*pushing this topic back up*

after so many sleepless night - I'm finally done with "First Steps Into The Abyss" which is the fist episode of "The Black Hand"

http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/TBH_episode1_beta2.0.rar (253 KB - 9 missions)

It's the starting out of the campaign... please read the readme coming in the *.rar first!

special thanks to HennaBoy who is featuring this time with his webspace offer

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

First Steps Into The Abyss Bugs
as some of those who downloaded already may have noticed that mission 7b and 8 are not working proberly...
I'll fix these bugs as soon as I can...
Rebalancing of mission 3 is under way too...

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

since I've experienced that teamwork on a campaign works better and gives you more fresh ideas I'm looking for a co-worker on TBH... may be you know someone or want to join yourself... contact me via Forum-PM or the email-adresses given in the readme.txt

sill there is work to be done at this stange since for every bug I do solve three more appear... but never mind that... there will be a revised release coming up at the end of next week (23th or 24th)

NEW FEATURES THAT WILL COME UP:
- some new missions
- new telphatic abilities coming for you
- rebalanced missions
- a revised language (I'll sort my typos)

==================

Have there been any people having problems with TBH Beta 2.5 except me?
For I downloaded 2.5, extracted it, chose the campaign and clicked on 'continue'. Unfortunately, nothing happened. This is kind of odd, because I played the whole campaign 2.0 before without any problems, and want to see how it  continues, because I found it a marvelous piece of work.  :yes: :D

So, if anyone would bother to help me (wondering if there has been a post by me without ennerving questions so far...  :( )

-Stormcrow
Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline 0rph3u5

have you delteted the old files?

==================

Kind of, I had made a completely fresh installof TBP 3.2 before extracting the files, because it didn't work with my earlier installation of TBP 3.2 either.
And the world's ending!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've added a full guide on how to install campaigns. You'll find it in a sticky at the top of the forum.

It basically says the same things as the other times I've helped you but if you're starting from a fresh install you may find it helpful to have it all in one place :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

hmm...
well try out v0.9 which is already out... (See the Topis "THE BLACK HAND - WIP" for details)
It's titled "The Black Hand - Episode I - First Steps into the Abyss" (the title is too long for the campaign menu :() but it's  the same stuff with couple of new missions and features....

==================

No good. After extracting it into D:\Programme\Spiele\TheBabylonProject\data\missions and choosing it in the campaign menu, it still just gives me the "attempt to load mission failed"-message. This pisses me off even more because I already played the campaign without any problems before, and want to play the new missions, too, for I likes TBH very much.
And the world's ending!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What follows attempt to load mission failed? Usually FS2_open will follow that which a whole bunch of stuff that you might not understand but which 0rph3u5 or I may.

Well, I know these cryptic messages, but no. A FS-Window opens (ie a no Windowss-message) and says that the attempt etc... Aftarwards, I'm just on the usual TBP-Starting Screen again and can use it, too.

Weird.
And the world's ending!

Offline 0rph3u5

kara this is yours...
my latin is ending here

have you tried with 3.3 yet?

==================

Just downloading 3.3...
And the world's ending!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well, I know these cryptic messages, but no. A FS-Window opens (ie a no Windowss-message) and says that the attempt etc... Aftarwards, I'm just on the usual TBP-Starting Screen again and can use it, too.

Weird.

It just says attempt to load mission failed with nothing else? There should be more to that message than just that.

Nope. I tried again in 3.3, it didn't work either. And there is just this single message, no errorlog (also not in the TBP-Folder), nothing.
I just reinstalled TBH Beta2.1, and this one works (well, I don't have a HUD, but at least I'm not alone with this one ;-) )

Thank you anyway.
And the world's ending!

Offline 0rph3u5

well since the beta2.1 or 2.5 is long out-of-date I can't really give you support ... currently I'm bringing TBH Ep1 up for 3.3 with some small changes (it'll come as a vp once it's done) and AotB + TBH Ep2 keep me pinned down here...

maybe you can use the editor and open the .fs2-file and send all the the programm lines down to $Briefing or $CommandBriefing to me via Forum PM... The bug has to be there...

BTW: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37403.25.html ->"THE BLACK HAND - WIP" that's where news and bug should be posted now
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 03:47:08 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well the version I have has this file name for the zip "TheBlackHandEpisode1v0916106.zip"

If there is a newer version (and it seems likely that there is) I can test that and find the error for you.